• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Lakes/OV Subforum Winter: You know it's bad when.....

buckeye

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.5-2 inches which just fell tonight. We lost everything during the thaw, we reached 68 degrees on Sunday Morning. I don't technically live in the "Snow Belt" but KBuf averages around 100 inches of snow per year and being 15 miles south of there I'd say we average around 105-120 inches per year which isn't to shabby. But if the Lake doesn't cooperate were pretty screwed.

That sounds like the snowbelt to me. :) I live in an area with the same problem. The lake has not been cooperating and we have been screwed non stop this winter. I average 100 inches and have only 8 on the season. I hope we can both cash in on LES son

If all the rain a few days ago was snow this thread would be all about too much snow. Funny on how a few degrees can make the difference between abundance and drought.

Too much snow? Is that even possible? :P

You know it's been bad when even the local snow haters are looking forward to some snow...

That sounds like the snowbelt to me. :) I live in an area with the same problem. The lake has not been cooperating and we have been screwed non stop this winter. I average 100 inches and have only 8 on the season. I hope we can both cash in on LES son

Too much snow? Is that even possible? :P

You know it's been bad when even the local snow haters are looking forward to some snow...

Nah...Snowbelt is Chatuaqua Ridge around Perrysburg (Around 30 miles southwest of here), they average 200-250 inches a year. ^_^

Yeah I hope we cash in soon to....Before the lake freezes! =( At least you guys don't have that problem.

wish i could share. :wub:

the morale here has sunk but with good reason.

There is a reason why I am already looking ahead to spring and severe weather. The writing has been on the wall for a while with this winter outside of about a week long period of snowy weather.

The posters who have contributed to this thread in the humorous way it was intended are not being trolls or negative nellies or whiners...they are the ones with the proper perspective about these things beyond our control.

The posters who find this thread annoying or frustrating or stupid are the ones who might need to take a deep breath and step back. They are the ones with the real problem accepting this lackluster winter.

:lmao:

I thought my post was a bit humorous, I honestly did....but then I was quickly reminded of the double standards we have on this board. Not to mention I wasn't poking fun at anyone in this thread...it was light-hearted quips about all the threads in our subforum. Anytime you post ANYTHING that shows a good pattern, potential, etc going forward....you are immediately met with "positive polly" and why it wont happen or whatever. Have you noticed how we have hardly any mets posting here? Or how certain good quality posters have been run out (Chicagowx for example)? I don't think anyone has better perspective on how good/bad/lackluster/etc a winter is then someone who knows climo like the back of his hand. What else can I say? It was a very late starting winter, then we had solid winter for 3 weeks, then a torch which has us now at one week with bare ground...bingo we are at the present with over half a winter of unknown to go.

:lmao:

I thought my post was a bit humorous, I honestly did....but then I was quickly reminded of the double standards we have on this board. Not to mention I wasn't poking fun at anyone in this thread...it was light-hearted quips about all the threads in our subforum. Anytime you post ANYTHING that shows a good pattern, potential, etc going forward....you are immediately met with "positive polly" and why it wont happen or whatever. Have you noticed how we have hardly any mets posting here? Or how certain good quality posters have been run out (Chicagowx for example)? I don't think anyone has better perspective on how good/bad/lackluster/etc a winter is then someone who knows climo like the back of his hand. What else can I say? It was a very late starting winter, then we had solid winter for 3 weeks, then a torch which has us now at one week with bare ground...bingo we are at the present with over half a winter of unknown to go.

Dude, I was not trying to "quickly remind you of the so-called double standard". I found it somewhat difficult to take your post humorously when those are things that actually tick you off about people on this board. It's obvious that complaining frustrates you, and I understand why it does. I truly do.

When you live 1 county away from LES belts. Winter storm warning with 6-10" snow for Kalamazoo county and nothing for Calhoun county except for "little or no snow accumulation"....

:lol:

meh.. Unless it is a nnw flow event we usually sneak in atleast a few inches here in BC especially the nw side of town. Or have you forgotten Jan 2009 for starters? But yeah those nnw flow events that cause that do tend to drive me up a wall. This weeks LES event looks to be wnw flow so we should pick up a few inches atleast. IF the moisture supply is good we could do much better.

:lol:

meh.. Unless it is a nnw flow event we usually sneak in atleast a few inches here in BC especially the nw side of town. Or have you forgotten Jan 2009 for starters? But yeah those nnw flow events that cause that do tend to drive me up a wall. This weeks LES event looks to be wnw flow so we should pick up a few inches atleast. IF the moisture supply is good we could do much better.

Battle Creek averages somewhere in the 50s in terms of inches, right? What is the difference from the eastern part to the western part? Do you live in the west?

Battle Creek averages somewhere in the 50s in terms of inches, right? What is the difference from the eastern part to the western part? Do you live in the west?

Average is 61.5" for here. GRR has 60.6" as the average but that is with missing data. It all depends on the flow. Once the flow starts getting between nw to nnw you will see a sharp cut off right in the middle of Battle Creek. Also see it from south to north when the flow is wsw/sw. Battle Creek/Hastings/Lowell is usually the end line for better LES unless a decent I94 ( or I96 ) band sets up. Had one event that dropped about 4-6 on the north side and about a foot on the south end via one of those i94 bands back in 2007. That is the extreme but usually you will find slightly more on the nw side of BC. For every mile or so west you go from here the seasonal total increases by a inch and even more once you get to Kalamazoo on over to Bloomingdale which has the highest average down this way which averages around 95"..

Archived