• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 26 - 27 Winter Storm III

snowstormcanuck

and 50 miles more NW the low goes...DET area gets 6-9" you get 4-6". It's a now-cast storm. will see. I've seen storms shift NW or SE last minute...I can see both scenarios.

This. I think u would have to be west of US23 to get the shaft here. The I94 - I75 stands to see the jackpot 5-8". NAM looks yummy and like my new Christmas watch keeps ticking away slightly NW.

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second straight run of the NAM with more reasonable numbers for YYZ: 0.50-0.75". EURO now on its own with the heavier input of juice. Given how far south everything tracks, I think even the NAM might be being too generous. We'll see how the rest of the 12z suite looks, but I think 2-5 is a good prelim figure for Toronto.

and 50 miles more NW the low goes...DET area gets 6-9" you get 4-6". It's a now-cast storm. will see. I've seen storms shift NW or SE last minute...I can see both scenarios.

I don't think so.

It's only a smidgen more moist than the 06z run and a smidgen drier than the 00z run.

I'm still liking my call of 2-4" for Detroit, 4-7" for Toronto, 6-10"+ for Columbus, Evansville, Indianapolis and Cleveland. It's better than nothing, doesn't mean I'm thrilled about it.

http://www.instantweathermaps.com/NAM-php/showmap-conussfc.php?run=2012122512&time=PER&var=ASNOWI&hour=054

12Z GFS appears to be shifting the deformation axis a bit to the NW, low is just a smidge further NW as well.

Can pretty clearly see the center of mid-level circulation on radar between Abilene and the TX/OK border. Surface low seems to be over Trinity, TX at 998 mb. Coincidentally, a couple of tornado reports a few miles from there.

Doing some mid morning reading, PAH seems to have lost confidence in the wind needed for Blizzard, went with continuity.

AM NOT OVERLY OPTIMISTIC ABOUT HITTING BLIZZARD WIND LEVELS OF 35

MPH...BUT SOME GUSTS TO THAT LEVEL WILL BE POSSIBLE. MEG AND LZK

HAVE DECIDED TO GO WITH A BLIZZARD WARNING...SO SEE NO REASON NOT

TO JOIN IN ON THAT PARTY. EVEN IF THE WINDS DO NOT QUITE GET

THERE...THE IMPACT WILL BE SUCH THAT THE BLIZZARD WARNING WILL BE

WARRANTED OVER MUCH OF THE AREA. WILL KEEP THE SAME TIMES AS FOR

THE WATCH...BUT IT MAY NEED TO BE EXTENDED INTO THE AFTERNOON

ACROSS THE EVANSVILLE TRI STATE AREA...ESPECIALLY IF BLOWING SNOW

DEVELOPS AS SUSPECTED.

12Z GFS appears to be shifting the deformation axis a bit to the NW, low is just a smidge further NW as well.

Can pretty clearly see the center of mid-level circulation on radar between Abilene and the TX/OK border. Surface low seems to be over Trinity, TX at 998 mb. Coincidentally, a couple of tornado reports a few miles from there.

It's going to be an improvement on the 6z run, just like the NAM was.

Doing some mid morning reading, PAH seems to have lost confidence in the wind needed for Blizzard, went with continuity.

AM NOT OVERLY OPTIMISTIC ABOUT HITTING BLIZZARD WIND LEVELS OF 35

MPH...BUT SOME GUSTS TO THAT LEVEL WILL BE POSSIBLE. MEG AND LZK

HAVE DECIDED TO GO WITH A BLIZZARD WARNING...SO SEE NO REASON NOT

TO JOIN IN ON THAT PARTY. EVEN IF THE WINDS DO NOT QUITE GET

THERE...THE IMPACT WILL BE SUCH THAT THE BLIZZARD WARNING WILL BE

WARRANTED OVER MUCH OF THE AREA. WILL KEEP THE SAME TIMES AS FOR

THE WATCH...BUT IT MAY NEED TO BE EXTENDED INTO THE AFTERNOON

ACROSS THE EVANSVILLE TRI STATE AREA...ESPECIALLY IF BLOWING SNOW

DEVELOPS AS SUSPECTED.

I'd have to agree with this. I'm not seeing the wind criteria being met at this point... but right on the fence.

Small ticks NW (precip shield or track early on) are pretty huge for here, relatively speaking. 12z NAM and GFS delivered in that regard...but, it's just coming in line with what the Euro has been advertising for LAF.

IND, MIE, CMH, DAY, CLE, etc are going to get it good.

Small ticks NW (precip shield or track early on) are pretty huge for here, relatively speaking. 12z NAM and GFS delivered in that regard...but, it's just coming in line with what the Euro has been advertising for LAF.

I'm really starting to sweat freezing rain here in CMH.

My call for a few select points in central IN. Might have to revise/tighten after 0Z data.

LAF: 2-5"

IND: 7-10"

OKK: 3-6"

BMG: 7-10"

MIE: 6-9"

Preferring a 12Z GFS/0Z Euro blend for this.

Agree with this.

I'm really starting to sweat freezing rain here in CMH.

Eh, I think CMH stays majorly frozen. But could be quite the variation across the area in p-types for awhile.

12z NAM has warm spike at 27 hrs at 900mb of 1.9C, before crashing. Looks sorta strange considering the hours before and after...but does coincide with the heaviest 6 hr period of precip.

Good luck! I'm riding this one out in Fickle. I expect 3-6" IMBY. Going to be impossible to measure with the wind regardless. I'm expecting 2 to 3 foot drifts in places too. It'll look intense at least, lol.

Good luck! I'm riding this one out in Fickle. I expect 3-6" IMBY. Going to be impossible to measure with the wind regardless. I'm expecting 2 to 3 foot drifts in places too. It'll look intense at least, lol.

Fickle>>>LAF with this one. Seems to be the theme lately. :lol:

But yeah, good luck to you too.

Archived