• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 26 - 27 Winter Storm III

snowstormcanuck

Small ticks NW (precip shield or track early on) are pretty huge for here, relatively speaking. 12z NAM and GFS delivered in that regard...but, it's just coming in line with what the Euro has been advertising for LAF.

IND, MIE, CMH, DAY, CLE, etc are going to get it good.

At least we've stopped the bleeding. Another bump north puts us in 6+.

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NWS PADUCAH

FYI....talking with the forecaster working this event - we are getting concerned about the projected flow at 850mb which may tend to lower snowfall totals from PAH to EVV. There still will be a band of very heavy snow...that will likely set up near or just north of the Ohio River. Updates snowfall totals and multimedia briefing within the next hour. Stay tuned.

Do you guys think that sleet or freezing rain will happen in Columbus? I had a hard time reconciling the SREF p-type with NAM and GFS P-type plots from coolwx.com. Looks like it's an interesting and important question to ask.

The 12z GFS makes me really nervous with precip type.... It seems like whenever we are on the line here in Columbus it defaults to the Freezing rain/rain and it the GFS appears to be putting the heaviest precip during the warmest part of the storm for us... I was feeling much better about this before the latest runs....

Us FTW then. :)

FWIW, 12z IWX and LSX local WRF's are pretty much a whiff for LAF. 12z NMM and ARW concur with those thoughts too.

For sure.

FWIW as well, the hires WRF runs I've been doing (GFS initialized) have pretty much been doing the same thing for the last couple of days.

I'm debating whether I should take tomorrow off to watch this thing off. I hate to do that if we just end up with flurries. :lol:

For sure.

FWIW as well, the hires WRF runs I've been doing (GFS initialized) have pretty much been doing the same thing for the last couple of days.

I'm debating whether I should take tomorrow off to watch this thing off. I hate to do that if we just end up with flurries. :lol:

I still have your WRF bookmarked. 12/25 0z run sure took a turn for the worse. :(

I have tomorrow off, so I'll either be watching it snow...or watching overcast.

Archived