• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Stumbling into a wintry pattern, weenies confused; still shaken from last winter

earthlight

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So PB GFI your thinking the same way I am that this pattern is never really going to change and by change I mean for more then 5 days.. I keep seeimg last year all over again and yes I realize this year is diff then last but the outcomes look to be the same. I might be too early in saying this winter is a total bust and once again I hope im wrong and look like a total ass but this is how I feel... I just don't see anything that even looks promising at this poont!!!

Jesus christ relax. You are the only one in a complete panic on here and you post the same thing everyday multiple times

So PB GFI your thinking the same way I am that this pattern is never really going to change and by change I mean for more then 5 days.. I keep seeimg last year all over again and yes I realize this year is diff then last but the outcomes look to be the same. I might be too early in saying this winter is a total bust and once again I hope im wrong and look like a total ass but this is how I feel... I just don't see anything that even looks promising at this poont!!!

ENOUGH

There is a banter thread. Is it that difficult to keep banter there?

Perhaps you should read the sub-title of the thread *you* started:

mid dec/upcoming holiday season discussion/banter

I know what thread this is, the last page and a half of posts were ones that I moved into this thread, from the Analysis thread.

Where should I pin the medal?

Tonight's gfs has the worst kind of run for anyone looking for snow in the long range. The cold and dry to warm and rain back to cold and dry pattern, which to me is by far the worst you can get. I know many would take warm and dry than that kind of a pattern. What happened to all the blocking, did it just disappear.

Currently the NAO is positive again and it hangs near neutral for the most part. It is the long range so I'm not putting that much stock into it, but the collapse of blocking is alarming when coupled with an unfavorable pacific.

Tonight's gfs has the worst kind of run for anyone looking for snow in the long range. The cold and dry to warm and rain back to cold and dry pattern, which to me is by far the worst you can get. I know many would take warm and dry than that kind of a pattern. What happened to all the blocking, did it just disappear.

Currently the NAO is positive again and it hangs near neutral for the most part. It is the long range so I'm not putting that much stock into it, but the collapse of blocking is alarming when coupled with an unfavorable pacific.

I think you've canceled winter more than 10 times already and it hasn't even officially started yet.

18z GFS gives the distinct impression that one is on a treadmill...and the target goal is consistently pushed into the future at the rate one is moving...and seemingly forever out of reach.

..very true and it does seem like last year..

however i do take stock in what a lot of the good posters say

(earthlight,isotherm..et all) and i do think things will change..but it does seem

like its always a week away..i get my 'heads up' here and wait for the local OCM's

(the best being lee goldberg & jeff smith) to verify the 'heads up' and then i

consider its game on..NO ONE (ocm's) has mentioned anything with

regard to the long range that would be consider exciting..

Archived