Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter

WilkesboroDude

Well said :wub:

Let this be a warning to everyone. No more fantasy land maps and if you want to complain,or have nothing meaningful to add, keep it in the banter thread. I'm tired of listening to the whining and having to scroll threw the mess in a pinned thread. This is not th MA/NE and the se crew is better than this. :angry:

Psst........only 86 days until meteorological spring.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Levi32 is the best thing since sliced peaches.

I am glad some of you like him. I did not mean in any way that he is better than anyone here...or say that other forecasts are trash. I think the point was someone agreed with him and mentioned him in the December thread and that's it.

I did say I get a better understanding from his video...compared to others. It's really clear w/ visuals IMO. Like his tropical videos, he does it as a learning tool, not competition/pay. :grad:

Well said :wub:

Let this be a warning to everyone. No more fantasy land maps and if you want to complain,or have nothing meaningful to add, keep it in the banter thread. I'm tired of listening to the whining and having to scroll threw the mess in a pinned thread. This is not th MA/NE and the se crew is better than this. :angry:

Is this meaning fantasy maps limited to the banter, or not at all? If the latter, can we create a fantasy thread?

Even when some mets say the trend does not look good, at least for December?

December SchmiSchmember - How many Mets out of how many Mets are saying that?

I get it though - the Met in question is a great one, and very respected. The reality is that it's December 4th. If this month turns out to be a tad warm so be it. But something, somewhere made a whole sea of Mets and weather wizards come to the same conclusion about winter 6 or so weeks ago. I have not seen anything close to resembling a mass defection from that consensus. And I have to keep going back to the present circumstances: The atmosphere has a different starting line up than last year's club. At the end of the day, deep down in your heart of hearts...you know it will at least be better than that.

December SchmiSchmember - How many Mets out of how many Mets are saying that?

I get it though - the Met in question is a great one, and very respected. The reality is that it's December 4th. If this month turns out to be a tad warm so be it. But something, somewhere made a whole sea of Mets and weather wizards come to the same conclusion about winter 6 or so weeks ago. I have not seen anything close to resembling a mass defection from that consensus. And I have to keep going back to the present circumstances: The atmosphere has a different starting line up than last year's club. At the end of the day, deep down in your heart of hearts...you know it will at least be better than that.

I guess we'll see. The players might be better this winter, but if that trough is too big to get rid of, it won't matter.

Right now I'm just telling myself that the first 3 out of 4 days in January 2000 were in the 70s, and overall that winter sucked, but we had a couple of big time events at the end of January that more than made up for it. So, even if this winter stinks overall, maybe we can have something special like that again.

I guess we'll see. The players might be better this winter, but if that trough is too big to get rid of, it won't matter.

Right now I'm just telling myself that the first 3 out of 4 days in January 2000 were in the 70s, and overall that winter sucked, but we had a couple of big time events at the end of January that more than made up for it. So, even if this winter stinks overall, maybe we can have something special like that again.

Gotta get that Alba-trough (nice) off your neck. Even it's presence in not as beastly as it was last year. It may become a nagging problem - but you can't know that right now so why worry about it? If it's still there and causing chaos in late January, I'll come pick you up and drive you to the cliff myself.

I heard Mr. Bob say that the Euro was showing something juicy on day 10 :lmao:

You did that on purpose...say it. Say it!

as I updated my map location on burger's map, I realized I hardly ever post anymore, because I am confined, rightly so, to obs, and I was skunked last year in the snow department. I am enjoying the reading and the back and forth though. Maybe Larry could add my post count to his climatology statistics.

Seems like there's multiple parts of winter to me. Pre-winter (dec 1 till the Jan thaw), Winter (jan thaw till feb or march (feb the last two years), then late winter (march - april (if I road trip to NC mountains). So without adding or commenting on "winter's over" hysteria, I'm gonna just not worry about pre-winter, and concentrate on that part between Jan thaw and feb-march. If we get something before, around, or after Christmas thats a bonus (heck, I live in GA, so what do I expect). I do feel bad for the southern ski industry if we don't get much before Christmas, but as far as mby, I'm enjoying the warmer temps in my old age and thinning blood. But once Jan rolls around I'll be as ready as if I was 12 years old again for snow, and lots of it.

Just because people say its not going to be cold and/or snowy doesn't make them negative or cliff jumpers. The weather can be unpredictable to some extent but even that is an overstatement, as models and pattern recognition can take a lot of the guess work out of it. The odds are this winter has a better chance at being warmer than normal than being colder than normal, there is no arguing that. Nobody is saying its going to be an end to end torch like last year but December is going to torch, I think that's fairly evident by now. So now the question is what does Jan/Feb have in store...with the -PDO dominating so far why would it stop dominating in Jan/Feb. I think we will get a few cold shots but its hard to imagine any winter event of substance without the pacific improving and that doesn't look likely.

Archived