Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on. Last winter wasn't too bad. whistle.gif

Found this random picture of one of last winter's "snowstorms"

This was my third heaviest snowfall of the winter months (December-March)

thats about 3x's as much as i received all of last year!!! haha.

check out this humungous big greenland block the 300+gfs develops...

eba9ugyj.jpg

Just filled up the snow blower and gas canister for the upcoming winter!!! popcorn.gif

Kiss of death?

Let's put it this way.

Last year I had the entire snow thrower tuned. Good as new after a few hard years work.

This year, I already have 12 inches of snow in the log book. You know why?

Because I put that dam near perfect piece of machinery in the back of the barn, behind all of the yard furniture, covered by piles of tarps and cushions. I left the dam gas from 2011 in the dam tank, without any booster. Then came Sandy. Well she knocked down a dam 100 footer right onto the back corner of the barn, resting the oak right on that beloved snow removal apparatus.

When the tree guy came the following week, on Monday, what did I tell him? Clear the front, don't worry about the barn and the exposed equipment. Save it for later, after you help others with more urgent needs.

Wednesday came, the nor'easter rain with occasional snow mixing turned into a 12 inch+ thump. The weight of snow caused further damage to the areas power grid. Traffic backups were incredible. The oaks surrounding the barn rained their limbs upon the already over burdened Tecumseh, who though down, held her ground as mother nature spat and kicked away.

The tree guy in due to return in a few weeks. I might have to reschedule for spring.snowing3.gif

Well, you never know, we could torch in December and I may have to mow again. lmaosmiley.gif

I wound up doing a final mow on Sunday. The mower is now winterized and tucked away, as is the trimmer. The snowblower has been de-cluttered, and made accessible. I lubed some of the bearings, checked the oil, and gave the once-over with a dustcloth, but I didn't dare gas her up yet...

Up in Bretton Woods, NH this week, hiked up Mt. Jefferson in White Mtns. Trail was rather icy above 3500'. Scattered drifts up to 2' at about 5000' at the ridgeline. Scattered snow here and there on frozen ground even at the condo. Highs have been in the low 40's but snow never seems to melt I guess due to an ineffective sun and a frozen ground. Gets down into the upper teens every night for the last few.

Up in Bretton Woods, NH this week, hiked up Mt. Jefferson in White Mtns. Trail was rather icy above 3500'. Scattered drifts up to 2' at about 5000' at the ridgeline. Scattered snow here and there on frozen ground even at the condo. Highs have been in the low 40's but snow never seems to melt I guess due to an ineffective sun and a frozen ground. Gets down into the upper teens every night for the last few.

awesome.

pic's? :)

Archived