Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really, REALLY weenie wish the GFS depiction happens.....

jatuqaza.jpg

uqyregup.jpg

Just beautiful

tu9u2yhy.jpg

Believable? Who knows... Guidance has been waffling in the long range... However, if you've been fortunate to follow HM's and some other red taggers up in the NE discussion on the bottoms up strat event, it has some credence.

looks like it was the coldest NOV since 1996 at both PHL & TTN, 7-8 degrees colder than last NOV

pretty impressive #'s at Trenton - only 3 above ave days for the whole month, 14 days of 32 or below & an ave low for the month of 32.7

Yes, on the one hand you have a bad analog from the average temp departure, since 1996-1997 was not a great, or even average, winter.

Then on the other you have the number of sub-freezing days at TTN is the same as in 2002, which of course led to a great winter.

Yes, on the one hand you have a bad analog from the average temp departure, since 1996-1997 was not a great, or even average, winter.

Then on the other you have the number of sub-freezing days at TTN is the same as in 2002, which of course led to a great winter.

tiebreaker is snowfall, measurable snow both 2002 & 2012 :thumbsup:

also 2012 was the snowiest NOV at TTN since 1989, 2nd snowiest in the past 45 yrs

already tired of all the pessimism and negativity wrt to winter potential. let's just let it develop and see what happens. we're just getting started! (literally day 1 of met winter)...

i dont know how its pessimistic and negativity. It always can't be cold cold cold, snow snow snow...you discuss what things show if its for the good or bad it is what it is. If things show a bad pattern you say that.

i dont know how its pessimistic and negativity. It always can't be cold cold cold, snow snow snow...you discuss what things show if its for the good or bad it is what it is. If things show a bad pattern you say that.

Some people come here just to hear about potential threats, not that winter might suck ;)

Some people come here just to hear about potential threats, not that winter might suck ;)

ray, your thoughts

• Late Afternoon

Isolated showers. Cloudy, with a high near 57. Southwest wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

• Tonight

Showers likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 37. South southwest wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

• Sunday

Showers. High near 56. Windy, with a south southwest wind 23 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

• Sunday Night

Scattered showers before 4am, then isolated sprinkles after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. West southwest wind 7 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

• Monday

Isolated sprinkles before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 50. Southwest wind 3 to 6 mph.

• Monday Night

Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.

• Tuesday

Partly sunny, with a high near 53.

• Tuesday Night

A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.

• Wednesday

A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 53.

• Wednesday Night

A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.

• Thursday

Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.

• Thursday Night

Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.

• Friday

• Friday Night

Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.

• Saturday

what did u get last winter?

Last December we had nothing... literally nothing... except for a few snowflakes and rain drops. Literally a trace of precipitation the entire month. Awful. It improved somewhat the rest of the winter...and we did finally get a foot of snow in March... but of course those aren't much different here than there; gone in a few days. Even though we did have a foot, greatest snow depth was only 6 inches.

Here were are snowfalls of more than 1" last winter:

1 12.1 3/17-18/2012

2 4.5 2/15/2012

3 4.5 1/22-23/2012

4 2.6 2/29-3/ 1/2012

5 1.4 11/18/2011

Mind you, we average 41.3" a winter. Total last winter was 29.0"... 3.9" came in increments of less than 1".

Yeah I know, you had a worse winter.

Thanks for making a generalization about me, but that wasn't what my comment was referring to. Tom has had some solid analysis, and it's based in fact, which of course I respect and appreciate. Across the board though, I picked up on a pessismistic and negative vibe about this winter, so I posted about it in our banter thread. So what? You just have to stoke the fire, don't you? ;)

(wink smileys make it ok, right? ;))

Thanks for making a generalization about me, but that wasn't what my comment was referring to. Tom has had some solid analysis, and it's based in fact, which of course I respect and appreciate. Across the board though, I picked up on a pessismistic and negative vibe about this winter, so I posted about it in our banter thread. So what? You just have to stoke the fire, don't you? ;)

i agree with that. Some people do that where they just say its over and never give any analysis. That does upset me. Its like what that easternsnowman did to HM in one of our threads. Basically through him under the bus by saying he was wrong about early december. Well i dont see him putting himself out their and making forecasts.

I'm not surprised at all that it seems a bit pessimistic on the board right now. For over a month, various persons have been calling for a turn to a cold, snow pattern either late in November or early in December. Now that's been pushed back, at the least. All the talk of a good pattern got people excited, and now they're deflating.

All that having been said, anyone who already got some snow should have no cause to be depressed. But emotion rarely listens to reason.

Archived