Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not surprised at all that it seems a bit pessimistic on the board right now. For over a month, various persons have been calling for a turn to a cold, snow pattern either late in November or early in December. Now that's been pushed back, at the least. All the talk of a good pattern got people excited, and now they're deflating.

All that having been said, anyone who already got some snow should have no cause to be depressed. But emotion rarely listens to reason.

I have had enough weather in 2012 and if the last few weeks were uneventful that would be fine by me. No mas....no mas.

This is just disconcerting......now HM is talking about January as being our next good chance.......killing winter already 2 weeks at a time.

I just am not confident about a full blown +PNA lasting for any length of time exceeding 2 days. I also think the models are rushing the NAO process and I think the GFS is out to lunch with a west-based NAO. The cool thing is we are starting to hone in on January for our next chance to get everything to work together again. Right now, everything is against each other creating a sort of rollercoaster / fast jet.

This is just disconcerting......now HM is talking about January as being our next good chance.......killing winter already 2 weeks at a time.

Just say to yourself "Snow drought until 2014". It will make you feel better. And if you still feel bad, keep in mind, I lived through the early 70's and was in school then. I cannot remember a snow day during the years 1970-73. In other words..."deal with it". Tony (aka "Rainshadow") remembers.

Well, that doesn't mean no snow. It just means no sustained cold air or big coastals. If you can time a disturbance with thre cold air you can still get snow or a wintry scenario. Look what happened last week. That was during a -pna.

I'm almost borderline serious when I say this, but I'm this close to canceling December....

When HM starts saying this:

"Down in the Mid Atlantic, I wouldn't rule out a virtual December punt altogether.

The NA mountain torque spike is happening now...the wave 2 is happening now... the MJO pulse through the IO is happening now... the low sun is happening now...

All of these things can only change for the worse the deeper we move into December right?"

I know the pattern we were in wast anything like last year... But we seem to be stuck in a very nina'ish pattern.... And with little

Help from various indices, and the firehose of pacific jet.... Can't help to be the pessimistic side of the ball.

Between this, the eagles tanking, no hockey... My life is ruined!!!!! :-D

We all know how well those thread the needle situations work out down here......

Well, that doesn't mean no snow. It just means no sustained cold air or big coastals. If you can time a disturbance with thre cold air you can still get snow or a wintry scenario. Look what happened last week. That was during a -pna.

I think you meant to write cold/dry and then warm/wet

It isn't a full blown torch like last year. Its a progressive pattern where its cold/warm/cold/warm

We all know how well those thread the needle situations work out down here......

I think you meant to write cold/dry and then warm/wet

haha could very well be...let me ask this to people what do you find better a december that is -3 temp wise with no snow or +3 with 5 inches of snow...the further you get into winter just normal temps can bring chances of snow. Are the chances for a big coastal high? no noy at all just isnt supportive of it. but if you get a swfe or a clipper in a timed cold airmass you have normal snowfall for dec...i think phl only averages like 3 inches of snow for dec which can be obtained if you have cold.near by and the right atorm track...if it doesnt work out then o well its just weather you cant control nor should you get ulset over it.

Archived