Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must really be getting old because I get easily annoyed by the cold weather these days.

Please tell me I'm not turning into one of those anti-snow people. :(

I either want snow or sunshine and mild weather November through March If it ain't going to snow why bother with cold?

Yes. I'm getting old.

I either want snow or sunshine and mild weather November through March If it ain't going to snow why bother with cold?

Yes. I'm getting old.

This is how I felt about 1-2 years ago.

By next winter expect to find snow more trouble than it's worth.

Oh and hair loss is just around the corner. :(

I must really be getting old because I get easily annoyed by the cold weather these days.

Please tell me I'm not turning into one of those anti-snow people. :(

What's odd is that I moved south Sept 2011, and will always miss the anticipation of a big storm, and the ecstasy when it would perform. I have so many great memories of storms greater than a foot that it would fill a Kocin book. However, there comes a time when you enjoy shoveling less and less, and the winter wind becomes more and more cutting, that a change of pace is in order. I'm probably the only one down here that loves cold air, and I was REALLY pulling for you guys the other day. That anticipation never really goes away even if you can't enjoy it personally. I was living/dying vicariously through you guys. Sad ending, but you guys have been there before!! I'm supposed to be the in the SE forum, but their idea of a great snowstorm is 1-3", and I can't get into that. Never will.

Have fun this winter. I think it may pull a positive surprise or two. Early coastals versus OTS are a good sign.

Interesting to see the locallized effects of the few inches of snowpack remaining in Monmouth/Ocean Counties.

Temps right now slightly colder there compared to surrounding towns, and NWS forecast lows tonights suggest 30-31F in the snow cover area, cooler than the rest of NJ.

qnmi54.jpg

10z8phc.jpg

I have found that this is good yard leaf raking weather today when i got home at 4pm, I will be doing more tomorrow. There are tree's here still with half to three quarters full of leaves some that didn't even change color yet mostly the swamp/silver maple tree's, so i am basically doing half the raking now, and will have one more lawn cut to go before winter fully sets in.

just back from key west, fl

2 week trip

Summary

missed the biggest event in the history for NJ weather. Sandy

neighbor reported 4 inches of white gold on Wednesday

power got back on Monday this week..WTF

8 trees down on the property, 4 pine tress, will cut down in the spring

Rumors of false snow totals in Howell, Freehold, NJ..more like 8 inches

just back from key west, fl

2 week trip

Summary

missed the biggest event in the history for NJ weather. Sandy

neighbor reported 4 inches of white gold on Wednesday

power got back on Monday this week..WTF

8 trees down on the property, 4 pine tress, will cut down in the spring

I would've cancelled ;)

Rumors of false snow totals in Howell, Freehold, NJ..more like 8 inches

Indeed? Rumors from where?

I would've cancelled wink.png

Indeed? Rumors from where?

mt holly reported like 12 or 13 inches in Freehold.

I spoke with a trusted person that left for work at 12:30 AM from Freehold and reported 8 inches on his car roof when he left for work.

heavy wet snow. etc.

Howell only had 6 inches according to my dear friend that I turned into a weather weenie at around midnight.

I spoke with a trusted person that left for work at 12:30 AM from Freehold and reported 8 inches on his car roof when he left for work.

heavy wet snow. etc.

Howell only had 6 inches according to my dear friend that I turned into a weather weenie at around midnight.

Storm didn't end until around 330am over there. He probably missed 3" minimum assuming at least 1"/hr rates w/ those 30 dbz echos.

heavy wet snow. etc.

There was likely decent compaction of the snow given that it was wetter. There were three reports in Monmouth County with amounts around a foot (two reports of a foot in Ocean County). If one waited rather long to measure there would be more compaction and melting from underneath. There seems to be someone every winter storm questioning some reported snowfall amounts.

There was likely decent compaction of the snow given that it was wetter. There were three reports in Monmouth County with amounts around a foot (two reports of a foot in Ocean County). If one waited rather long to measure there would be more compaction and melting from underneath. There seems to be someone every winter storm questioning some reported snowfall amounts.

Well, we did always used to joke at AccuWx that JB was shoving the ruler down so hard when he measured snow that the bottom few inches ended up in the dirt ;)

it is possible but I suspect grass with fall snow inflated snow totals and measuring every hour by a true snow weenie.

eitherway it was an epic event I am pissed I missed it

it is possible but I suspect grass with fall snow inflated snow totals and measuring every hour by a true snow weenie.

eitherway it was an epic event I am pissed I missed it

Tell that to my trees that no longer exist today -- even after two days of decent temps and melting - still two inches on the ground hotdog.gifhotdog.gifhotdog.gif

Tell that to my trees that no longer exist today -- even after two days of decent temps and melting - still two inches on the ground hotdog.gifhotdog.gifhotdog.gif

Also - just putting this out there (yes - I am tired of two weeks of bad luck) I am a weather enthusiast and have been all my life --snow and bad weather always gets me hyped -- however the business that I am in - poor information can kill people - so when I report (whatever thread) it is important I feel (again I am not a Met and don’t pretend to be one) to be correct as possible. I have said this in the past but the real time local OBS through this thread have saved lives - I can read between the lines and understand peoples excitement on weather and gather what I need know etc… - The fact of the matter is that the real time information gleaned from this Philly thread is priceless.

Just bantering - and Thank You All

Archived