wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
11/7 - 11/8 Nor'easter Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This storm is a massive cocktease. Constantly shifting between bursts of moderate snow and periods of rain/snow mix, despite constant good returns on the radar and a temp now below 34F. I wish I was under the heavier stuff over southern NJ and Long Island so I can actually see some worthwhile precip falling.

Starting to stick to the coldest surfaces here. Aside from 5 minutes of ice pellets to start we have been all snow this event so far.

Any explanation for why the snow hasn't really been reaching the ground? I dunno what the radar keeps picking up but this light flurry stuff does not look like what we'd see under 25-30 DbZ.

Winds underperforming so far?

Thinking the worst winds were always progged to be later this afternoon or evening and would be worst along immediate coastal sections. However, if they are underperforming now I'd have no problem for it to continue underperforming throughout this entire storm. Loving the early season snow but none of us need any significant winds right now. I will still thoroughly enjoy this event without winds.

Archived