• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
12/20-12/21 Moderate/Intense Clipper Event?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been dead on my calls for here every event this winter so far.. Doubt I'll be wrong this time. Jackpot areas will be south and west of me.

Damn MKE area got the shaft.

Fortunately I could see this happening from day 1 so I have no emotional attachment to this one. The call of 5% chance I see 2" was being generous.. Congrats though to those again in the sweet spot so to say. These clipper type things are never and will never be my bread and butter.. Cutters is where its at here. And they have been MIA since the end of the winter of 08/09.

East of Piqua here . . . nothing yet.

Last ob Dayton had snow. Decent rate. If the VIS is lowered solely due to snow this VIS would be conducive to 0.1 per hour. Hope you all get at least an inch. Haven't checked much today....been busy.

KDAY 210450Z 15004KT 2SM -SN BR OVC025 M04/M06 A3017 RMK AO2 SNB37 P0000 410221056:thumbsup:

Last ob Dayton had snow. Decent rate. If the VIS is lowered solely due to snow this VIS would be conducive to 0.1 per hour. Hope you all get at least an inch. Haven't checked much today....been busy.

KDAY 210450Z 15004KT 2SM -SN BR OVC025 M04/M06 A3017 RMK AO2 SNB37 P0000 410221056:thumbsup:

Decent with regard to lowered VIS.

About 7-8" snow depth...but it's been mainly fluffy snow. It'll settle some by tomorrow. Regardless, we've been hot/lucky this December. :)

Yes you have. Our snow has barely budged in a week, down to a depth of 5" from a 6.3" storm 9 days ago lol. High-water content snow creates a nice base (and is gorgeous on the trees), but freshly fallen fluff or powder, with all its sparkles, is the best.

About 7-8" snow depth...but it's been mainly fluffy snow. It'll settle some by tomorrow. Regardless, we've been hot/lucky this December. :)

Nice! Will hopefully add to that this xmas eve... Should have some flakes in the air at the least which will make a perfect setting for xmas eve and Christmas Day.

Yes you have. Our snow has barely budged in a week, down to a depth of 5" from a 6.3" storm 9 days ago lol. High-water content snow creates a nice base (and is gorgeous on the trees), but freshly fallen fluff or powder, with all its sparkles, is the best.

Yeah powder is nice looking.

Nice! Will hopefully add to that this xmas eve... Should have some flakes in the air at the least which will make a perfect setting for xmas eve and Christmas Day.

Not bad, huh?

Gotta get both of you guys (along with everyone else that's missed out recently) some snow soon though. Spread the wealth. :hug:

Yeah powder is nice looking.

Not bad, huh?

Gotta get both of you guys (along with everyone else that's missed out recently) some snow soon though. Spread the wealth. :hug:

Yeah. I always say that the having a winter-long snowcover is my preference (over, say, having a ton of snowstorms mixed in with torches). Be careful what you wish for. With a snow base down and cold as far as the eye can see, this has the possibility to become one of those winter-long snowpacks (the last thing I expected in a La Nina). But 9 days since shovelable snow? Im itching like crazy for more. Guess I want it both ways lol. Just no torches ;)

Another steep drop off in amounts in the DVN area. 5.5" in Sterling, 4.0" here, 3.2" at DVN, and 1.3" in Moline. Moline is way behind both DVN and our snowfall totals, as they continually get the shaft this season. Our 10" of snow isn't going anywhere anytime soon, as the base is 3-4" of concrete, and the snow above it is pretty dense as well.

Yeah. I always say that the having a winter-long snowcover is my preference (over, say, having a ton of snowstorms mixed in with torches). Be careful what you wish for. With a snow base down and cold as far as the eye can see, this has the possibility to become one of those winter-long snowpacks (the last thing I expected in a La Nina). But 9 days since shovelable snow? Im itching like crazy for more. Guess I want it both ways lol. Just no torches ;)

I would love a good snow pack winter. We've pretty much had snow on the ground here for most of December, save for a day or two. It's funny that 2007-08 was a fantastic winter here in terms of snowfall, but the wild swings in temps made it poor in retaining snow. But we'll see what the future holds...for now life is good here. Hopefully you see some shovelable snow soon.

I would love a good snow pack winter. We've pretty much had snow on the ground here for most of December, save for a day or two. It's funny that 2007-08 was a fantastic winter here in terms of snowfall, but the wild swings in temps made it poor in retaining snow. But we'll see what the future holds...for now life is good here. Hopefully you see some shovelable snow soon.

I would've expected more thaws this winter but the negative NAO/AO combo in particular has had a heavy influence so far. Who knows what the rest of the winter holds but we'll at least make it through December without a real thaw.

My official snowfall report so far: 0.00" !!! :whistle:

Seriously...I have no good words for this winter so far! Looking at the radar tonight, all I can do is smack my head and laugh in craziness....yet ANOTHER screw job here in Western Michigan. Now I can go back to PA for a week and a half for Christmas and hopefully I'll come back to MAYBE some good news. Last year the heaviest snow we had the whole winter was the time I was away for Christmas...

Archived