• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
12/20-12/21 Moderate/Intense Clipper Event?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe, but looks like that real heavy band scoots south of me. Upstream returns for my area over Wisconsin are weaker. 2.5" sounds like a good target still.

Probably, but the heavy snow showers are training along the long axis now. Depends on how long the heavy band holds together...models prog this thing to wimper out shortly but it looks healthy to me and NAM progs that strong divergent jet to remain active for the next few hours before weakening. Could see 1.5"+ per hour.

Probably, but the heavy snow showers are training along the long axis now. Depends on how long the heavy band holds together...models prog this thing to wimper out shortly but it looks healthy to me and NAM progs that strong divergent jet to remain active for the next few hours before weakening. Could see 1.5"+ per hour.

I'll ride 2.5, maybe 3.5..... 4-6, probably not.

I should point out we did get a little light freezing rain on the tail-end of the snow about an hour ago or so. Just enough to put a very light glaze on things. There was a surprising amount of drifting out in open country, so I'm actually kind of glad we got a little glaze to put a cap on the snow. BTW, when that 35dBZ band rolled through earlier that was the heaviest snowfall we've seen since last winter. Nice, large flakes.

maybe, but looks like that real heavy band scoots south of me. Upstream returns for my area over Wisconsin are weaker. 2.5" sounds like a good target still.

Disagree...the band is moving right toward you. 4" might be pushing it but all bets are off depending how well it maintains itself and how long it takes to move through.

Archived