joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2012 General Discussion

Powerball

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean Chicagos earliest last 80 degree record...

Jon

O, ok - that record! For some reason I thought I read the number of 80s in one year record.

We shall see! That would be something given this year.

Edit: Man it's hot out there! Might have to follow BowMe's advice and use the AC tonight!

O, ok - that record! For some reason I thought I read the number of 80s in one year record.

We shall see! That would be something given this year.

Edit: Man it's hot out there! Might have to follow BowMe's advice and use the AC tonight!

Someone posted that ORD hit 80 degrees in early September and that was a top 10 earliest final 80 degree reading... The other 9/10 years were all before 1900.

Jon

Someone posted that ORD hit 80 degrees in early September and that was a top 10 earliest final 80 degree reading... The other 9/10 years were all before 1900.

Jon

Yeah, either it was me or maybe Chicago Storm that posted the fact that September 12th...? I think, was the last 80° high! Did not make it today.

Dewpoints have dropped off, so it's not as uncomfortable as earlier.

Jon

Weather is always interesting, a write up from LOT about 80º+ temps. If Wed or Thu doesn't get to 80º at ORD, then this snipet from the story applies...

INTERESTINGLY...THE LAST TIME THE TEMPERATURE REACHED 80 DEGREES IN

CHICAGO WAS BACK ON SEPTEMBER 12TH WHEN THE HIGH WAS 86 DEGREES. IF

CHICAGO FAILS TO REACH 80 DEGREES AGAIN THIS YEAR THEN 2012 WOULD GO

DOWN TIED FOR THE 7TH EARLIEST LAST 80 DEGREE DAY EVER IN CHICAGO.

OF THE OTHER YEARS IN THE TOP 10 EARLIEST LAST 80 DEGREE DAYS ALMOST

ALL OF THEM OCCURRED BACK PRIOR TO 1900 WHEN OFFICIAL TEMPERATURES

WERE TAKEN CLOSER TO LAKE MICHIGAN...WITH ONLY 1996 HAVING AN

EARLIER LAST 80 DEGREE DAY THAN THIS YEAR SINCE THE OFFICIAL

OBSERVATION LOCATION WAS MOVED FARTHER INLAND FROM LAKE MICHIGAN.

HERE ARE THE CURRENT TOP 10 EARLIEST LAST 80 DEGREE DAYS IN

CHICAGO...

RANK DATE

1 8/31/1876

2 9/7/1890

3 9/9/1875

4 9/10/1896

9/10/1996

6 9/11/1888

7 9/12/1874

9/12/2012 (THROUGH OCTOBER 23RD)

9 9/14/1889

9/14/1894

9/14/1917

Link to full story: http://www.crh.noaa....=88605&source=0

I assume they'll get to 80 on one of those days though.

Clouds all day here...couple of sprinkles this evening, first "rain" all week.

Bring on the cold front, bring back the sun... I'll take 40F's and sun over this. To humid plus it gets dark at like 5pm.

Hoosier--

Was it you that went to the same school as Axl Rose? He will be on Jimmy Kimmel tonite...1st interview in like 2o years.

Clouds all day here...couple of sprinkles this evening, first "rain" all week.

Bring on the cold front, bring back the sun... I'll take 40F's and sun over this. To humid plus it gets dark at like 5pm.

Hoosier--

Was it you that went to the same school as Axl Rose? He will be on Jimmy Kimmel tonite...1st interview in like 2o years.

Axl is from here but I did not go to school with him.

Taking the 00z 4km NAM verbatim, we drop from 76 to 45 between 1pm and 6pm tomorrow. I suppose it's not entirely impossible we could tag another 80 if the front holds up another hour longer than modeled. It's already a tad slower than some of the previous runs. Either way that temp crash will be sweet.

Nice thunder boomers moving through the last half hour...some good rain...finally.

Pea sized hail reported in town at Fox Hollow golf course. Looks like those storms will hover around you guys for awhile.

Very warm evening here for late October. Still near 70 with a nice south breeze and dews in the mid 60s.

Archived