• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2012 General Discussion

Powerball

Almost an inch...more looks to be moving in.

Nice!

I'm a bit surprised there aren't any advisories up for Minnesota. The SREF model has been painting decent accumulations in a nice wide swath from southwest MN up through the heart of the state. Given it's the first accumulating snow of the season you'd think they would pull the trigger. I think there could be a nice 2-5" stripe through there by tomorrow afternoon.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good contrast of temps this morning along this tstorm line... 70F off to the east with lots of upper 60Fs down towards Madison, while areas to the west are around 40F, including Rochester and points north...

I live for fronts like this, approaching 70 here and it's below freezing a mere 300 miles away in western Minnesota. Some snow obs popping up in Minneapolis proper.

Yes, I see those cumulus along the front - very nice.

Thunderstorms and the front hauling it across the area. Should have storms in about 15 minutes. Already in the low 50s in Rockford.

Edit 600pm: Temperature has fallen 15° in 30 minutes! Down to 61°.

Look at mine! Insane! BTW, I think your wind sensor needs a little calibrating. It jumps around a lot on the graph.

Yeah it's because it's at 5ft above the ground, so it struggles a bit with the wind. I get more accurate temp readings at that level, so the tradeoff is worth it to me. Someday I'll upgrade to a station that incorporates a separate anemometer and mount that on a 30ft mast like where it should be.

Has anyone ever seen such a boring point forecast (both temps and precip wise) as this?:

Friday Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 45. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.

• Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
  • Saturday Sunny, with a high near 44. North wind around 5 mph.
  • Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. North wind around 5 mph.
  • Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
  • Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. North wind around 5 mph.
  • Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
  • Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
  • Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
  • Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
  • Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
  • Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.

This is for a location about halfway between Milwaukee and Madison, just north of I94. Heck, even the wind is the same speed and direction essentially.

Has anyone ever seen such a boring point forecast (both temps and precip wise) as this?:

Friday Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 45. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.

• Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
  • Saturday Sunny, with a high near 44. North wind around 5 mph.
  • Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. North wind around 5 mph.
  • Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
  • Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. North wind around 5 mph.
  • Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
  • Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
  • Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
  • Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
  • Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
  • Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.

This is for a location about halfway between Milwaukee and Madison, just north of I94. Heck, even the wind is the same speed and direction essentially.

Pretty boring but its better then way above average temps.

Archived