• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
ING Hartford Marathon Wx Discussion

Damage In Tolland

I would not categorize running as boring at all especially in the rural areas like you live in, blasting a Carpenters tune, enjoying the scenery. Lifting weights is boring. I pick up heavy things and put them down.

A mix of both is nice. There is something to be said about putting a lot of weight on a bar over your head and trusting yourself to be able to push it up and down without crushing yourself. It's kind of a rush...

Then, on the running side of things there's nothing like going out by yourself and just running and running. You notice things you never have before on streets you always travel, it's quiet and you feel great about yourself when you're done. I can't wait to run again, should only be a couple of months now. Just started putting weight on my foot again nearly 7 weeks post op.

A mix of both is nice. There is something to be said about putting a lot of weight on a bar over your head and trusting yourself to be able to push it up and down without crushing yourself. It's kind of a rush...

Then, on the running side of things there's nothing like going out by yourself and just running and running. You notice things you never have before on streets you always travel, it's quiet and you feel great about yourself when you're done. I can't wait to run again, should only be a couple of months now. Just started putting weight on my foot again nearly 7 weeks post op.

I was being sarcastic, any form of exercise can be fun, even repetitive types. Boring is sitting at a computer all day every day.

I was being sarcastic, any form of exercise can be fun, even repetitive types. Boring is sitting at a computer all day every day.

yep. Best kind of running is definitely trail running where your end goal is a scenic spot. Running to the top of bear mountain (~2300') in Salisbury is awesome. Such a rewarding view at the top, and a really rough run too.

Scooter..there's 2 seeks left in the period..Can you throw down a forecast?

Hopefully a little less windy than last year...seem to remember a good crosswind (at least on the HM course). Good luck to you! I'll be doing the HM again this year and taking in the Harpoon after the race.

Archived