• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
ING Hartford Marathon Wx Discussion

Damage In Tolland

Thanks to everyone here and on Twitter and FB for the well wishes and congrats. A perfect perfect day to run, but man was it ballz cold standing around between 7-8 until race started. Hvy Hvy frost even in downtown HFD on everything. It was still visible on lawns in shaded spots until mile 12. The sweat dried white it was so dry and cold. I can't remember a better day that I have run in wx like this. I saw people running with no shirts on lol. I felt great till mile 24 and then legs cramped just a bit.

For anyone curious I set my PR today of 3:38:32.

I need to run a 3:20 to qualify for BOS, lot if work but I think there is a possibility if I push on.

Thanks to everyone here and on Twitter and FB for the well wishes and congrats. A perfect perfect day to run, but man was it ballz cold standing around between 7-8 until race started. Hvy Hvy frost even in downtown HFD on everything. It was still visible on lawns in shaded spots until mile 12. The sweat dried white it was so dry and cold. I can't remember a better day that I have run in wx like this. I saw people running with no shirts on lol. I felt great till mile 24 and then legs cramped just a bit.

I need to run a 3:20 to qualify for BOS, lot if work but I think there is a possibility if I push on.

Impressive time. Great job

Impressive PR Kevin! Get old enough enough and you'll qualify for Boston....lol.

Problem with Boston is peak training is in the heart of winter. Hard to root for KUs when you have to go out and do 20 the next day.

Impressive PR Kevin! Get old enough enough and you'll qualify for Boston....lol.

Problem with Boston is peak training is in the heart of winter. Hard to root for KUs when you have to go out and do 20 the next day.

Thanks man. All my BTV training was mid winter ,, though since we had no winter it wasn't bad

Nice work!!! It was certainly a perfect day to run. I was out on the HM course and the sun was just enough to make it comfortable in a short-sleeve shirt and shorts (and my $2 gloves with hand warmers, but that's besides the point). Also a perfect day to set PRs (for anyone that cares, I ran a 1:23:54).

You can get to 3:20. What about Lowell or the Hudson-Mohawk? I'm going to try in March at Yuengling in Virginia Beach (I need a 3:05), but that's more for the Yuengling!

Nice work!!! It was certainly a perfect day to run. I was out on the HM course and the sun was just enough to make it comfortable in a short-sleeve shirt and shorts (and my $2 gloves with hand warmers, but that's besides the point). Also a perfect day to set PRs (for anyone that cares, I ran a 1:23:54).

You can get to 3:20. What about Lowell or the Hudson-Mohawk? I'm going to try in March at Yuengling in Virginia Beach (I need a 3:05), but that's more for the Yuengling!

Dude that's great. Congrats! You are fast lol. When is Lowell and the Mohawk/Hudson?

Dude that's great. Congrats! You are fast lol. When is Lowell and the Mohawk/Hudson?

Unfortunately, they are both in October. This year, Lowell (the Baystate Marathon) is October 21st, and the Mohawk Hudson was on the 7th. The Mohawk/Hudson is October 13th next year, and opens up for registration on March 1st (it usually sells out pretty quickly). Lowell is really, really flat and has the highest percentage of qualifiers, while Mohawk Hudson is a net downhill and I think is 2nd highest for qualifiers.

Archived