Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Delaware Valley Severe/Strong/Lightning Threat Thread

phlwx

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best storm here in edison in years....lightning caused a shed fire, and pea size hail reported. Everyone talking how loud thunder and lightning was.....and i missed it lol

Great storm. At first the broad / weak rotation I wrote off as my mind playing tricks on me given the strong updrafts overhead / scud and turbulence. However, the rotation became a bit stronger with time and ultimately tightened as best it could and that about sold me. After the circulation passed, a NJ-styled hail core ripped into the area.

:weenie:

Great storm. At first the broad / weak rotation I wrote off as my mind playing tricks on me given the strong updrafts overhead / scud and turbulence. However, the rotation became a bit stronger with time and ultimately tightened as best it could and that about sold me. After the circulation passed, a NJ-styled hail core ripped into the area.

:weenie:

Congratulations HM....you deserve a good storm....i cant believe i missed it....sun shined all day in Holmdel....neighbors were saying it was like a tstorm from old days..

In addition to the possibility of damaging winds, there is also

some weak rotation just west of Trenton. The storm is barely

moving and its got to be a nightmare for people out and about

in that area.

Would you, by any chance, have the radar image saved of the rotation? I am pretty sure I saw it.

Congratulations HM....you deserve a good storm....i cant believe i missed it....sun shined all day in Holmdel....neighbors were saying it was like a tstorm from old days..

I've been lucky lately.

8/2/2009 I received a tornado warning and caught a rain-wrapped wall cloud.

6/22/2011 I received a tornado warning and saw a very nice wall cloud in Mansfield in NW NJ. Then a few days later, I got a "weak rotation" SVR in Mercer and saw a ragged wall cloud.

Today I didn't see a wall cloud but it was an awesome sky. Best of the year... beats the heck out of your run-of-the-mill shelf.

Would you, by any chance, have the radar image saved of the rotation? I am pretty sure I saw it.

I apologize in advance, but I do not have GR-Level products in which to save radar images.

All of my obs here and in the other subforums are strictly based on reading the radar at the

NWS website of the local office impacted by a given storm. In other words, I go pretty much

by feeling if I believe the radar is telling me something, and without meso detectors and

hail markers etc. I am glad that you could verify what I thought I saw on radar, but am not

sure how to access the archives of the website.

I apologize in advance, but I do not have GR-Level products in which to save radar images.

All of my obs here and in the other subforums are strictly based on reading the radar at the

NWS website of the local office impacted by a given storm. In other words, I go pretty much

by feeling if I believe the radar is telling me something, and without meso detectors and

hail markers etc. I am glad that you could verify what I thought I saw on radar, but am not

sure how to access the archives of the website.

It's okay man; don't worry about it. I saw that the radar was detecting a mesocyclone and I thought I saw a weak hail finger (but I was using my phone so it's possible I'm way off).

Looks like a warm front like feature spreading northeast out of the dc area would probably effect our area after midnight but with plenty of elevated instability. As of now though I would suspect storm remain below severe limits and stay elevated with heavy rainfall and lightning being the main threat.

Also looks like this system is really cranking up the moisture along the primary front you got moisture from the deep south all the way into NY along the front with a very nice band of rain and storms. If the HRRR is right that could be the same band we see tomorrow with it having it in central pa tomorrow as it is a very slow mover. Would think there is going to be an enhanced flash flood threat with that as well as we have PW values increasing along and ahead of it.

any reports of funnel cloud near pocono raceway? I have a cool photo coming that might just be that....my wife is at the cabin and took the photo....should have a high res file in a few.

Looks like scud clouds where nearly total saturation takes place around upward moving air. I have seen this at times, especially across the higher terrain.

Archived