Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Delaware Valley Severe/Strong/Lightning Threat Thread

phlwx

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am not a fan of creating "products" that mimic official nws/spc/HPC/NHC outlooks in titling and appearance... but I don't dispute what he wrote with the exception that it is very touch and go...IF there is more sun on Friday, he ends up closer to reality.

If it's the same person I'm seeing, he's actually scaring people on FB, who dont know any better, with these "alerts" that they are issuing. Multiple people were messaging legitimate mets last night, worrying about damaging storms tomorrow, and were those alerts official. Not trashing, but I agree with Tom, they shouldn't mimic official NWS/SPC forecasts.

Well this would be an interesting turn of events. If true...

I'm not buying it yet.

I'm sure they will just ban this name, but it's my friends username. Not to go off topic, but I've been banned for so long now that I think I learned my lesson.

I really do miss talking with all of you!

Actually, it looks like the storm may not have been all that great back at my house in Collegeville. Looks like the worst part of the storm passed to my north and hit Royersford & Limerick more so than Perkiomen Woods.

Yeah......I got clipped with the southern end of the worst (Schwenksville, on north on 29 got it worse).

Still solid here. roughly 0.60". Great thunder/lightning.

Defiantly a nice out performance today.Hoping the cells trying to pop west of the city hit. Anyhow the fact this system has started off stronger should make tonight's activity interesting that some models have.

Actually what is occurring this afternoon really is not surprising as some computer models were suggesting the threat for a few local strong/severe storms today.

Yeah......I got clipped with the southern end of the worst (Schwenksville, on north on 29 got it worse).

Still solid here. roughly 0.60". Great thunder/lightning.

My wife called me about 25 minutes ago and said that storm was very nasty at my house in Spring Mount. Hail/wind/lightning/heavy rain...and a brief power outage. And now, apparantly, my living room TV is fried. :axe:

Actually what is occurring this afternoon really is not surprising as some computer models were suggesting the threat for a few local strong/severe storms today.

I guess so just seamed a bit more widespread. then again it has been the summer of boundaries!

For whatever it is worth Adam Joseph just showed the RPM rain totals for this event it has a healthy 2.45 inches of rain.

Archived