Newest Member
    northernriwx
12/19-12/20 threat

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being fairly new to the model watching scene, can somebody answer this for me,

When the Euro shows one solution, and the NAM (or GFS, etc.) shows something different, are people ALWAYS, eventually looking for the various versions to compliment each other, especially at this range (3-4 days out)? How often do the various models truly agree with each other in the end?

Just wondering because it seems that some people really want to see the similarities amongst the various model runs almost as a confidence builder in solidifying the final solution/ forecast, or to just help them sleep better at night.

Here's what happened. Euro got the latest raob data last night and ingested it and that's why it brought it so far west. Now that the other modelling has ingested the same data we're starting to see them all come west. Expect them to drop like flies today

:lol: what other modelling have come west like the Euro? And if that raob data was SO profound as to cause a shift like this, I would think it would have similar ramification in the rest of the models.

Might not go back as far east as it was, but I doubt the 12z Euro will look much like the 00z run.

Here's what happened. Euro got the latest raob data last night and ingested it and that's why it brought it so far west. Now that the other modelling has ingested the same data we're starting to see them all come west. Expect them to drop like flies today

This coming from the guy who sees accumlating snow any time theres cloud cover.

'Come on man, at least let us enjoy a thread of hope.

:lol: what other modelling have come west like the Euro? And if that raob data was SO profound as to cause a shift like this, I would think it would have similar ramification in the rest of the models.

Might not go back as far east as it was, but I doubt the 12z Euro will look much like the 00z run.

Um the NAM. so we're 2-2 GFS is next today.

Like I said when you bust on this..and you will ....be prepared for what you deserve

lol ... I can just picture Sam walking amongst his classmates outside, one hand holding his slide rule, the other cupping his junk. I'm concerned about shrinkage ... Mighty chilly in Plymouth today.

The stats room is always very warm. One hand won't get the job done.

Um the NAM. so we're 2-2 GFS is next today.

Like I said when you bust on this..and you will ....be prepared for what you deserve

Like I said before, I will be ecstatic is I bust.

Also, I stand by my original call of a decent storm for SE MA. I've never said this goes OTS.

I'd define a bust as warning criteria snow west of ORH.

Archived