• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
JULY 2012 Severe Weather /Convection Discussion

NEG NAO

Yeah that storm fizzled :( did you see any good structure at least?

yeah, I could see the edge of the storm, but I knew the second it stopped moving on radar we were done.

Let's see if the outflow from the jersey storm gets anything else to fire, otherwise, its over for today

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, I could see the edge of the storm, but I knew the second it stopped moving on radar we were done.

Let's see if the outflow from the jersey storm gets anything else to fire, otherwise, its over for today

yea that storm in PA doesnt look too good either its not too organized right now at all

That's good ole sw ct for ya trials. Hoping my luck is better today since I'm on the north shore of long island.

Meriden just got crushed.. So jealous

I really dont care, i never feel dissapointed not getting a severe storm, its just funnY to watch them die

we do well in the a.m. storms it seems, or overnight storms.

So whats going on is weak convergance is causing the storms not to strengthen or move into our area? So storms arent gonna be hitting us looks like than unless we get something going soon. Long island has decent shear and better parameters but we just cant get anything going right now it seems

cells in Passaic and Bergen Counties should if they hold up, clip Washington Heights, Bx and n. Queens, then cf penetrates area, maintaining tolerable dps.

Two cells in Bergen missed me just to the north, only a drizzle IMBY. I went a bit further north closer to the center of the first one where it was pouring but that was about it. Little wind, no hail, and unimpressive thunder/lightning. I did see some huge clouds to my east though which I assume developed into the new cells east of Bronx and in NE Nassau.

Anthony Watts puts some perspective on the Derecho. There's a really cool time lapse of a radar which shows it moving from the midwest to the mid Atlantic over 14 hours:

http://wattsupwithth...-something-new/

last destructive Derecho around here in Middlesex/Union counties was the labor day 1998 - many of the younger guys and gals around here might or might not remember - but its something I will never forget 100 mph winds and $ 3000 damage to the house - too bad they are so destructive kind of takes the fun away tracking them ......thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of the Derecho a couple days ago.....

last destructive Derecho around here in Middlesex/Union counties was the labor day 1998 - many of the younger guys and gals around here might or might not remember - but its something I will never forget 100 mph winds and $ 3000 damage to the house - too bad they are so destructive kind of takes the fun away tracking them ......thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of the Derecho a couple days ago.....

I was in DC for the derecho on Friday and it was some of the most intense weather I have ever experienced. That being said, I still think the Labor Day 1998 Derecho was more impressive; of course, I was out on a boat that afternoon. A derecho at sea is not anything I ever want to experience again.

This one is insane with an EYE : http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/research/roth/landcane.html

Archived