Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread IV

NJwinter23

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looked at the 18z NAM for KRUM. Wow.

I would gladly take that.

Models seem to have a pretty good handle on this lead shortwave, correctly placing it over Lake Michigan. This is what screws SNE I think, while you guys get the subsidence following that wave, a secondary northern stream wave dives down across NNE. That is what should pop the cap up here, but I don't think SNE gets brushed enough to really force some ascent.

WV loop shows that northern stream feature pretty well, right about northern MN to just N of Lake Superior.

Looks like crap down here tomorrow...although I would really watch eastern sections of southern New England where there will be more in the way of llvl convergence...here there could be some rather interesting storms with some very large hailers. Definitely agree about ME...looking quite interesting up there and I as well think they should be in a slight with 30% probs...in fact, with new Day 1 tonight wouldn't be shocked to see it

I would gladly take that.

Models seem to have a pretty good handle on this lead shortwave, correctly placing it over Lake Michigan. This is what screws SNE I think, while you guys get the subsidence following that wave, a secondary northern stream wave dives down across NNE. That is what should pop the cap up here, but I don't think SNE gets brushed enough to really force some ascent.

WV loop shows that northern stream feature pretty well, right about northern MN to just N of Lake Superior.

Yeah exactly. The subsidence behind the lead s/w screws us. While there will be some synoptic-scale forcing later in the day with s/w number 2 I don't think there's enough for SNE to help break erode the cap. Westerly flow as well will tend to dry out the boundary layer through the day leaving us with even more CIN.

I think the one thing to watch would be the second s/w trending stronger or a bit farther south. Unlikely at this juncture but worth watching.

Looks like crap down here tomorrow...although I would really watch eastern sections of southern New England where there will be more in the way of llvl convergence...here there could be some rather interesting storms with some very large hailers. Definitely agree about ME...looking quite interesting up there and I as well think they should be in a slight with 30% probs...in fact, with new Day 1 tonight wouldn't be shocked to see it

Yeah Maine looks good.

I'm surprised you aren't screaming like a little girl with an EML moving in!

Yeah Maine looks good.

I'm surprised you aren't screaming like a little girl with an EML moving in!

I'd be going nuts if the synoptic pattern looked great. It's fantastic we are going to have the EML and all of this cape...in fact, the mid-level lapse rates being forecasted are almost as impressive as we saw on 6/1/11 but it's no good if it can't go to use.

If we were seeing more southwesterly winds being forecasted in the lower-levels than I would perhaps feel marginally better. Those westerly winds are just really going to kill us and w/o ,uch in the way of ascent or lift down here it's going to be incredibly difficult to pop something here. Even last June the majority of the action was to our north b/c the s/w was just a tad too far north.

It could get quite ugly in Maine tomorrow...I could see some 2''+ hail reports.

Oh that..lol. I thought you meant something else.

I see a small cell firing off to the north, but that's a decent cap right there. I wonder how the WAA ahead of it works overnight. Maybe some stuff firing near Lake Ontario.

Seems like a few cells near Detroit have fired and then fallen apart. Seems like they can't sustain themselves with that CIN.

Archived