Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread IV

NJwinter23

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i've seen that one around in google searches in the past. it's not a big deal but sometimes i just wish i had an easy go-to tool. almost more just for fun actually.

Nothing's more fun than seeing how much CAPE a 40c dew point will give. Great way to spend a Saturday night.

yeah i've seen that one around in google searches in the past. it's not a big deal but sometimes i just wish i had an easy go-to tool. almost more just for fun actually.

You want to know what a dork I am... I asked for that program for christmas when I was in middle school.

no worse than asking for a laminated map of the U.S., dry-erase markers and then making stick on "H"s and "L"s

:lol:

Or mapping out exactly where highways, stare roads, and your location is to make sure you know where you are when Dick Albert or Harvey threw up a snow map.

Our poor parents must have thought we were special.

Or mapping out exactly where highways, stare roads, and your location is to make sure you know where you are when Dick Albert or Harvey threw up a snow map.

Our poor parents must have thought we were special.

lol no kidding.

How is it that I could read a sounding at the age of 12 and Kevin can't at the age of 40?????????

If overnight MCS fails to form... what ramifications does that have on tomorrow's threat? Less drying and subsidence in wake of phantom-MCS?

MCS formation would limit the northward transport of deeper moisture (as it is forced into updrafts instead). If you could get that moisture at 925 and 850 farther north, that might limit the mix out potential of dew points down your way.

MCS formation would limit the northward transport of deeper moisture (as it is forced into updrafts instead). If you could get that moisture at 925 and 850 farther north, that might limit the mix out potential of dew points down your way.

Yeah it would make tomorrow a bit more interesting I think.

BOX thinks morning might be fun for some

EXPECT DRY WEATHER MUCH OF THE NIGHT IN RESPONSE TO HEIGHT RISES

WITH DEPARTING MARITIME TROUGH. HOWEVER MONITORING A JET IMPULSE

CLIMBING OVER THE RIDGE ACROSS THE NORTHERN GREAT LAKES AT THE

MOMENT. THIS MAY EVOLVE INTO A CONVECTIVE COMPLEX OVERNIGHT AND

TRAVERSE INTO NY STATE AND TOWARD WESTERN NEW ENGLAND BY

DAYBREAK. THEREFORE EXPECTING INCREASING CLOUDS AFT MIDNGT ALONG

WITH A RISK OF SHOWERS/TSTMS WESTERN NEW ENGLAND TOWARD

MORNING.

I'm surprised SPC doesn't have slight risk out for Maine. I'd probably paint in 30% probs too.

It's tough being such a conditional risk. I think our day and evening shifts for tomorrow pretty well know the threat, so it's in a few products. Besides, our "see text" days are usually the biggest.

Archived