• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Day 10 euro

HKY_WX

The pattern continues to feed the great Atlantic SST's. Notice how pronounced the warming is now south of western Greenland. Also the cooling taking place off of the eastern seaboard and off of western Europe.

If you go back and take a look at the March 1st SST map and look at the Atlantic. You can see the anomalies after the 09-10 winter. The huge cold pool around NF and the huge cold pool stretching from the US to Europe with the warmer waters to the north near Greenland. We are possibly topping that so far this winter with the waters being warmer near Greenland.

anomnight.3.1.2010.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct, but the Pacific is totally opposite...just saying whistle.gif

The pattern continues to feed the great Atlantic SST's. Notice how pronounced the warming is now south of western Greenland. Also the cooling taking place off of the eastern seaboard and off of western Europe.

If you go back and take a look at the March 1st SST map and look at the Atlantic. You can see the anomalies after the 09-10 winter. The huge cold pool around NF and the huge cold pool stretching from the US to Europe with the warmer waters to the north near Greenland. We are possibly topping that so far this winter with the waters being warmer near Greenland.

anomnight.3.1.2010.gif

something looks possible in that timeframe IMO. Dec 8-15. With the block and 50/50 low. Just need the correct timing. This first wave might be squashed, but it's still 8 days away. So i am unsure which wave could be something to watch for us.

I've got a late night flight back from LaGuardia on the 14th into GSO. Your storm will be in full fury at that moment. Bank on it. Meanwhile, I'll be holed up in some old airport hotel with a cheap 19" tv, no room service and a toothbrush kit. :lightning:

This'll really send the NAO tanking if this comes to pass. Oh good times ahead by the look of this.

Yeah, unless the MJO has as much say as some on here are thinking it will. If so, -NAO, according to them, won't hold and lake cutters will dominate.

I still think the favorable SST's there will help it stay mainly negative regardless. It is possible we have a pattern like what is advertised with this next interior LP track, with the inland big storm tracks and then the sharp cold intrusions and weaker light snow producing systems in the east while the MJO is in these unfavorable phases..

Archived