• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE GTG Thread Summer July 12th or 16th?

Damage In Tolland

After the last thread brought the board members even closer together than they already were from various areas of the country, it's time to nail down the specifics. Date and place and time.

Seems like a Friday nite would work for most weenies. PVD has been tossed out as a good spot. Plenty of indoor/ outdoor facilities we can hold it at. I'm sure folks will let friends stay over at their place if they are coming from longer distances . We'd love to have the SW Ct crew as well as the NNE crew. Make it an overnight excursion and come hang out with everyone. We have a great group of posters top to bottom. Come tan your napes, enjoy some libations, and enjoy the hot summer wx.

People that are familiar with PVD please make some suggestions.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the last thread brought the board members even closer together than they already were from various areas of the country, it's time to nail down the specifics. Date and place and time.

Seems like a Friday nite would work for most weenies. PVD has been tossed out as a good spot. Plenty of indoor/ outdoor facilities we can hold it at. I'm sure folks will let friends stay over at their place if they are coming from longer distances . We'd love to have the SW Ct crew as well as the NNE crew. Make it an overnight excursion and come hang out with everyone. We have a great group of posters top to bottom. Come tan your naples, enjoy some libations, and enjoy the hot summer wx.

Mon or Wed? Check your calendar

7/27 wouldn't work and as mentioned, Fridays are particularly brutal for me. But that's my daughter's performance day so ironically I won't be working that day but committed to see the day and night performances. Also, I'm traveling to SF that week and that days is my first day back. But I'm a minor character in the mix so carry on.

Seems like a Friday nite would work for most weenies. PVD has been tossed out as a good spot. Plenty of indoor/ outdoor facilities we can hold it at. I'm sure folks will let friends stay over at their place if they are coming from longer distances . We'd love to have the SW Ct crew as well as the NNE crew. Make it an overnight excursion and come hang out with everyone. We have a great group of posters top to bottom. Come tan your napes, enjoy some libations, and enjoy the hot summer wx.

Would it be possible for any outsiders (imposters or intruders) to attend (if they promised to try to blend into the background)? I realize that receiving any kind of affirmative response would be a longshot. Thanks anyway.

Would it be possible for any outsiders (imposters or intruders) to attend (if they promised to try to blend into the background)? I realize that receiving any kind of affirmative response would be a longshot. Thanks anyway.

Absolutley ..With Open Arms..SNE'rs are the friendliest and most outgoing on the board..All are welcome

I am bummed that I haven't made it to an official gtg yet, I've been dying to meet more of you guys and gals. Missing the one in Northampton was especially brutal.

I have to work on Fridays, Saturdays are way better for me. ...but then again, I have a vacation planned with the family at the end of July anyway.

If it's NOT on a Friday, I'll do my very best to make it. I've got my car running great, and I'm pretty sure the Mustang can drive anywhere in New England without breaking down!

Can we make this the 27th if at all possible?

Sure, why not!

Let's just all rework everything around YOUR schedule!

F*ck everyone else!

As long as YOU can make it, who Gives a RATS AZZ about anyone else!

... With that being said, the 27th would be better (as long as my friend from Jersey doesn't pick that weekend to visit me).

So, any movement toward a date? PVD would be cool for a summer gtg. I think we should plan a really big gtg for this Winter. Maybe PF could get us a deal at Stowe for a weekend. We could invite all and make it a quasi-conference type deal. I bet we could get some of our Mets to make a few presentations, a few slide shows at night and skiing (or other winter activity) during the day. It could be fun, maybe couple it with a fundraiser for the board. We should set up a committee. I'd put up some time/resources if we could get a few others to help. Blizz is a salesman extraordinaire, he could be useful. Maybe Cory would do a set.

Technically those places are still SNE, so it's worth the suggestion.

:)

It's obvious that I wasn't serious, and I feel fortunate and grateful that I would be tolerated enough to attend (provided I maintain a low profile). On the other hand, aren't there a lot of posters in southern CT? I can certainly think of a few.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.

So can we please pick a date and time? Fridays don;t seem to work for most..Let's firm this up today

Good luck! LOL! I'm usually flexible with time so.... I just hope some of the MA crew can make the journey. It might be better to have them visit in the Winter. They'd probably get a kick out of the snow and cold.

Archived