• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Severe Weather Thread (April 26 - May 3)

David Reimer

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sort of was a "mini" tornado outbreak in N-OK today.

Very odd.

There was a supercell back in the late 90's, cannot remember what date, but it had a similar radar appearance, was equally prolific, produced in the same general vicinity, and also thrived off a baroclinic zone. Wish I could remember what date it was.

EDIT: Found it, May 24, 1998. NW flow environment. A single supercell produced 12 tornadoes, including an F3, on that day. Kinda similar in some ways.

Still looks very large, but things seem to be calming down. A large MCS should form in OK as parameters favor a long-lived system.

Medlast.png

It appears that it is bowing out actually... I'm surprised, it seems as though the Circulation hasn't moved a whole lot...

After the MCS/ SQLN pass the Supercell, i'm interested to see what happens... I wonder if the SQLN will take all of it's inflow away, or maybe it will just merge with the Line (Despite it hasn't done that yet, nor has shown to many signs of that happening)

The northern one is still putting off a strong mesocyclone with broad 55 kft tops.The southern one has RFD'd out and now is just part of the squall line.

KFT? It obviously has something to do with Storm Height...

Archived