Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter thread

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0.19" just up the road last 24 hours and a whopping 0.41" for the month....only one sub freezing low at my place - I think you had a few more at the iceman56 abode.

We really need the weekend system to give us a good soaking. Still believe we are in for a cooler and wetter summer than norm.

.16" of rain in NW Chesco past 24 hours. Up to .36" for the month.

0.19" just up the road last 24 hours and a whopping 0.41" for the month....only one sub freezing low at my place - I think you had a few more at the iceman56 abode.

We really need the weekend system to give us a good soaking. Still believe we are in for a cooler and wetter summer than norm.

Yup, six freezing days this month, none below 30 though. Cooler summer would be nice, though I'm thinking summer will be front end loaded warm

with Sept-Oct starting a trend of negative departures that carries into the winter with the weak Nino. Also think that although there will be extended

dry periods, there will be enough tropical sideswipes that we end up pretty close to normal in the precip dept.

My semester project for MET290 is to make a whole bunch of images of a specific storm (that we could choose).

So I picked 2/26/10. And I made a loop of it. Which isn't necessary for the project, but it still makes watching the track pretty cool.

Enjoy and savor the memories of a busted blizzicane! http://fujita.valpo.edu/~rconnel1/StormLoop/looper_storm.html

(I contoured every 2 mb instead of every 4, because at the end it fluctuates between 995 and 998 mb, so you see the 996 contour pop up and back a few times and it makes it hard imo to follow the actual SLP.)

^^ I've seen your bear story in every thread so far!! Lol.

Anyone thinking we get involved with the Possible MCS Thursday?

its going to ride the warm front, obv south of the m/d line has the best shot, but we may get fringed. Some of the srefs bring it right through the area. They are pretty tough to be modeled correctly, just like norluns. Probably a wait and see kind of ordeal.

Archived