• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Brief Winter shot discussion

ORH_wxman

Well this is your one and only chance to win our bet. Which of the 4 major sites has the best shot? It might be BOS..Remeber has to be more than 2 inches

Nah, I'll have chances in April...any snow now is good since it will mean less needed in April to mak it past 2".

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Combine that with me being out of town...an advisory is locked..lol.

Hopefully that is the luck BOS needs...get you out of town. Maybe I'll bring good luck to the CP as I'll be at Megan's. NE MA could be a good spot.

FYP.

Whatever, I measure for a living and I've now received 80" on the dot. You can say I've received 20" , I couldn't care any less. I have been fastidious in my measuring and I have made it to 80". Even if it was only 40 that would still be quadruple your total. Go back to listening to peepers.

Whatever, I measure for a living and I've now received 80" on the dot. You can say I've received 20" , I couldn't care any less. I have been fastidious in my measuring and I have made it to 80". Even if it was only 40 that would still be quadruple your total. Go back to listening to peepers.

So sensitive.

[/b]

Ummmm Ginx spoke about it for several days and I certainly waass watching out for it. Everything here is pasted and I'm fooking psyched as now I've got the .25" that takes me to 80".

80" is pretty impressive for this winter, dude. congrats.

2.25" at 1,500ft last night and 3.0" up high. That pushes seasonal snowfall to the 200" mark. Only 125" more to go to get to average.

22" still on the ground at 1,500ft.

I'm guessing most of the modelling for tonight gives my area di ck? I haven't looked at much excpet EUro

Nah most models give you measurable. The NAM and other meso models actually like your area. I think those models could be a little too far south, but you never know. This system may have widespread measurable, but probably a more concentrated band that means business.

80" is pretty impressive for this winter, dude. congrats.

2.25" at 1,500ft last night and 3.0" up high. That pushes seasonal snowfall to the 200" mark. Only 125" more to go to get to average.

22" still on the ground at 1,500ft.

Well, the October Storm(s) is the only reason the total is respectable. Take that away and it's a pathetic 49". Still, I've had an awesome Winter that isn't over yet. Once it dies here I'm hoping to be back in AK for a finale. I'm trying to get some business ventures going there so it's the perfect excuse to go and get a tax write off.

OVER ERN PORTIONS OF THE FA...ESPECIALLY PORTIONS THE SOUTH

SHORE/CAPE/ISLANDS OCEAN EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS LOOK TO BE AN ISSUE.

LLVL FLOW WITH A MEAN OF 10 TO 15 KT WILL BE SHIFTING N-NE FROM

THE SFC TO AROUND H7 /THE FLOW IS EXPECTED TO BE PARALLEL THROUGH

THESE LVLS/. COLD -12C H85 AIRMASS OVER +3C TO +5C WATERS YIELDS A

DELTA-T AROUND 15C. THEREFORE...THERE LOOKS TO BE ENOUGH LLVL

INSTABILITY WITHIN THE PARALLEL FLOW TO GENERATE OCEAN EFFECT SNOW

BANDS PARTICULARLY AFTER MIDNIGHT. ATTM...QPF OUTPUT IS LOW

ENOUGH SUCH THAT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE AROUND AN INCH OR

LESS...BUT WITH THESE DECENT THERMODYNAMICS AND MOST RECENT NAM

SHOWING DECENT LLVL MUCAPE CAPE VALUES AROUND 150 J/KG...WILL

NEED TO MONITOR FOR THE LOW PROBABILITY OF ADV LVL SNOWFALL

I'm guessing most of the modelling for tonight gives my area di ck? I haven't looked at much excpet EUro

I don't post much at all Blizz, but all the meso models give you a shot of snow tonight, check out the HRW-NMM, ARW, SPC WRF, NSSL WRF. Even the NAM gives you a nice band of snow. Kind of a meso low feature. Good upper dynamics with 500 mb vort pushing through and strong lift over the snow growth zone should get it done...an inch or so?? The band may be over northern RI more however.. http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/mmb/mpyle/spcprod/00/ http://www.nssl.noaa.gov/wrf/refl_loop.html

Archived