• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
INSANE video from the Henryville tornado!

This spectacular video of the Tuscaloosa tornado is a good example of the cameraman actually being well within the envelope of hurricane-force winds. The Henryville video is awesome, but this dude here was much closer and I'd say the winds at this cameraman's location most certainly reached hurricane force for a few moments as the funnel passed very close and the wind shifted.

The really crazy part is ~1:00-1:30. Just awesome, awesome video:

Holy Mother of god....This guy has so much balls...Even I would be in my basement/safe place being literally a few hundred yards away. My goodness...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking a few weeks ago how it's gonna be hard to top last year's non-chaser tornado video. Don't really think that anymore as we're already off to a hell of a start.

In the security camera video it's interesting how there's chunks of hail falling just moments before the strong winds begin.

EDIT to fix my horrific typing skilllzz

Wow at that whole roof coming off, reminds me of the video from Attica, KS tornado in 2004, and also several videos I've seen of roofs ripping off in hurricanes.

And holy crap at that pickup truck that drives right up to it, whoever was in there is extremely lucky...

Not sure if the security camera footage from the drugstore has been shown up here its in this local news clip, still amazed at the inflow into this thing after the "main" funnel passes from about 1:07 on is insane to me....

The inflow is the most incredible part of this video, those winds had to easily be in the 100+ range

Not sure if the security camera footage from the drugstore has been shown up here its in this local news clip, still amazed at the inflow into this thing after the "main" funnel passes from about 1:07 on is insane to me....

P.S. Agreed Re: the inflow-- or whatever the heck you call it-- after the funnel passes. You think the worst is over after the funnel passes out of view, and then those winds come like an explosion of dynamite.

The inflow is the most incredible part of this video, those winds had to easily be in the 100+ range

Yeah it's similar to the Tuscaloosa video from the apartment.

I have a question though how do you differentiate between inflow and rear flank downdraft? When I first saw the video I kind of thought that was the rfd winds on the back side of the funnel.

Yeah it's similar to the Tuscaloosa video from the apartment.

I have a question though how do you differentiate between inflow and rear flank downdraft? When I first saw the video I kind of thought that was the rfd winds on the back side of the funnel.

That close to the funnel, it's almost surely tornado inflow, all the air is flowing toward it. RFD would probably be weaker and more uniformity in direction.

That close to the funnel, it's almost surely tornado inflow, all the air is flowing toward it. RFD would probably be weaker and more uniformity in direction.

Yeah I agree. The Tuscaloosa video posted earlier in this thread is a good example. The rear inflow into the tornado is very intense similar to the security camera footage. In the Tuscaloosa video there's about a full minute of relative calm until the backside RFD hits with a quick ramp up in winds and heavy rainfall.

There are people in it because the brakelights come on when the wind starts pushing it sideways......

In this video shows an example of what NOT to do in a tornado, that suv could have been picked up and ended up deposited in a field somewhere, they should feel lucky and should have gone into the drug store where it would have been safer

Archived