• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Guess the daily highs for 3/8

HoarfrostHubb

Snowcover..it will hold temps down in the hills Wednesday..Suns energy is spent melting the snow.. If they had no snow OTG they'd be up over 60

The forecast is for 3/8, not 3/7...and ORH's cover will be gone after 50F+ and sun on Wednesday along with tomorrow's 40F and pure sun.

Hell, I got to 16F today and compacted an inch at 44.55N.

Snowcover..it will hold temps down in the hills Wednesday..Suns energy is spent melting the snow.. If they had no snow OTG they'd be up over 60

ORH might hit 60F anyway but it will be close...they don't have much of a prayer at the record high of 64F though I don't think. The snow cover def will hold it down a couple degrees. The way the mid-level temps are pooling, I think SE/E MA might be the hot spot on Thursday.

The forecast is for 3/8, not 3/7...and ORH's cover will be gone after 50F+ and sun on Wednesday along with tomorrow's 40F and pure sun.

All of it won't be gone...it will be dented, but that is like 6-7" of pure cement and it will take some work to get rid of it.

All of it won't be gone...it will be dented, but that is like 6-7" of pure cement and it will take some work to get rid of it.

Sorry, I keep forgetting you're over 1k...I used Ryan's as ORH and then realized he's at 475ASL. I would assume it'll still be patchy by 3/8 after 2 consecutive days of full sun and mild temps (especially Wed) which will limit the albedo effect I would think.

Whats your depth right now?

As Ed said above...the forecast is for Thursday...ORH might not hit 60F but I doubt PVD hits 67 and ORH only gets 58F...we'll see I guess. During that torch in April 3 years ago when everyone was hitting 94-95F I think ORH only hit 89F so maybe you have a point.

Sorry, I keep forgetting you're over 1k...I used Ryan's as ORH and then realized he's at 475ASL. I would assume it'll still be patchy by 3/8 after 2 consecutive days of full sun and mild temps (especially Wed) which will limit the albedo effect I would think.

Whats your depth right now?

I have between 6-7" of frozen slab cement. Its not going to go easily. If it was fluff, it would be wiped out by Wed afternoon. I'll bet the shaded areas still have snow even after the Thursday torch.

As Ed said above...the forecast is for Thursday...ORH might not hit 60F but I doubt PVD hits 67 and ORH only gets 58F...we'll see I guess. During that torch in April 3 years ago when everyone was hitting 94-95F I think ORH only hit 89F so maybe you have a point.

I think ORH does well on 3/8. In the extended range, MOS only gets ORH down to 38F Thursday morning. Thats 48hrs+ totally above freezing, granted it'll be a 'dry' non snoweating warmth. We'll see. right now 60-62F seems like a decent ballpark number 3 days out.

I have between 6-7" of frozen slab cement. Its not going to go easily. If it was fluff, it would be wiped out by Wed afternoon. I'll bet the shaded areas still have snow even after the Thursday torch.

Yeah thats pretty good actually. I think sunny spots lose their cover by Thursday morning (ORH gets down to maybe 36-40F). Shade probably does ok and survives, but from an albedo POV, I think the notion that all the sun's energy will be used/reflected Thursday isn't totally true.

Yeah there's even 4-5" of frozen junk here...in general. Sun exposed areas around trees are just now starting to show some grass after a full day of March sun despite the high of 32F. By Thursday morning, I'll be down to just an inch or two in shady areas and Thursday night everything will be gone.

I think ORH does well on 3/8. In the extended range, MOS only gets ORH down to 38F Thursday morning. Thats 48hrs+ totally above freezing, granted it'll be a 'dry' non snoweating warmth. We'll see. right now 60-62F seems like a decent ballpark number 3 days out.

Yup, nothing crazy, but still way above average. ORH will probably get a +15 to +16 or so.

Yeah there's even 4-5" of frozen junk here...in general. Sun exposed areas around trees are just now starting to show some grass after a full day of March sun despite the high of 32F. By Thursday morning, I'll be down to just an inch or two in shady areas and Thursday night everything will be gone.

Yup, nothing crazy, but still way above average. ORH will probably get a +15 to +16 or so.

Yeah ya know, nothing crazy for winter 2012 ;)

Archived