amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 2012 General Discussion

Tropical

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh no worries...Sunspot AR1429 will help melt that and heat up the northern hemisphere. The fun has just started. Long live the Solar Maxium and another dustbowl.

lol all that complaining about wanting active weather and you are rooting for a drought :lol:. No worries not gonna happen :) Naturally Im rooting for something similar to our mid-1970s to early 1980s pattern (which we have been in a similar pattern in recent years). A bunch of harsh winters with a dramatically mild and bare winter sandwiched in (1979-80).

lol all that complaining about wanting active weather and you are rooting for a drought :lol:. No worries not gonna happen :)

Ive never really complained all that much about boring weather. Most def not rooting for a drought considering how devistating they can be. I don't really know if a drought looms large for the plains and bread belt but you have to be cautious and not count anything out. Esspecially if we are slowly transitioning away from a wet La Nina pattern into the unknown. The sun is an issue also but the direct science on the effect of the solar cycle is still in its infancy.

EDIT: the solar cycle science stuff I guess isn't in it's infancy but it has many opposing views and theory's. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Weird we are expecting record warmth, while snow may fall this weekend in southern California. Grass is turning green and the robins are all over the place. Even saw a 3" diameter toad in the yard today. I hope we don't get clobbered with record cold on the back side of this, funny how the sling shot effect works.

It's always interesting watching the F6's for the snowmelt in northern Michigan. The snow is barely budging from Houghton Lake. Yesterday they melted 2" from 16" to 14", with heavy rain, a high temp in the 50s and dewpoint maximum of 52. There's no way you'd only melt 2" with conditions like that. They must measure in a drifted snow pile hidden in the woods. Webcams from Houghton Lake show bare grounds, so it's interesting the huge variability in depth reports.

Quite the Omega block on the ECMWF, lol.

post-6644-0-17999800-1331654420.gif

This March may beat 1945 and 1946 in terms of warmth if this continues unless the last 3-6 days are unbelievably cold to bring down the anomalies a bit. Interestingly enough, both the summers of 1945 and 1946 were cooler and perhaps wetter than normal as well.

Well I dont mind this warmth. Should enlighten my mood after this crappy Winter, lol.

really nice morning with beautiful blue skies, should have no problem hitting the upper 60s before a lake breeze comes through late this evening.

Sounds like the lake breeze will move in during the afternoon here. Lake breeze shouldn't have a problem forming with winds under 10mph this morning.

Currently 56° at home.

Sounds like the lake breeze will move in during the afternoon here. Lake breeze shouldn't have a problem forming with winds under 10mph this morning.

Currently 56° at home.

I think you like lake breezes. You are *always* talking about them. As far as I'm concerned they can stay away.

I think you like lake breezes. You are *always* talking about them. As far as I'm concerned they can stay away.

I like lake breezes May - August. For today I'm just stating the forecast. Lake breezes make for interesting weather at times; fog, t-storms, large temperature gradients! On days that my allergies are bothering me, a wind shift off the lake can help that situation. :)

Don't have to worry about them out by your place!

I know that I am :deadhorse: , but I am 54 years old and have lived here all of my life and I've never seen anything even CLOSE to the temps being forecast for mid March. The LOWEST high temp predicted here for the next 7 days is 71 and the next lowest high predicted is 75.

The mushrooms could be up a month early!!

post-830-0-79885200-1331635162.jpg

Yeah, while the max temps are pretty impressive, the thing that impresses me more is the duration of the extremely above average temps.

It's always interesting watching the F6's for the snowmelt in northern Michigan. The snow is barely budging from Houghton Lake. Yesterday they melted 2" from 16" to 14", with heavy rain, a high temp in the 50s and dewpoint maximum of 52. There's no way you'd only melt 2" with conditions like that. They must measure in a drifted snow pile hidden in the woods. Webcams from Houghton Lake show bare grounds, so it's interesting the huge variability in depth reports.

What you are forgetting or might not know for some reason the snow depth measurement is at 7AM on the climate reports. So this was before the high of 52 and the heavy rain yesterday. Wait for tonights report to find out the snow depth at 7AM this morning.

Beautiful outside... Just was out pruning some trees in the sun... Love the fact there is very little wind. That wind on Saturday wasn't any fun. Days like this are probably near the top of the list for nicest weather possible. Upper 60Fs, full sun... Tomorrow may be pushing it on temps...start getting near 80F and the "swamp a&&" gets going after a long bike ride.

Archived