• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Northern Ohio Obs/Discussion Thread

Trent

Currently sitting at 5th warmest May on record, but today and tomorrow's cool weather should slip us down to 7th or 8th, essentially tying 2010's May temperature and breaking 2010's warmest spring on record by a fair margin.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like fifth warmest May is in store, a high of 63 combined with our low of 58 will give us 65.0 for the month. If for some odd reason, the high of 62 at 1am holds and we drop lower than 58 by 1am tonight, then we may slip down to 64.9 or 6th place.

What a beautiful stretch of weather we've had. The moderate rain of last week is distant memory. Days of sun and wind took care of whatever moisture there was in the soil. Thankfully it has been cool this week or conditions would be worse.

I haven't taken a look at the longe range but I'm guessing warm and dry conditions will continue.

What a beautiful stretch of weather we've had. The moderate rain of last week is distant memory. Days of sun and wind took care of whatever moisture there was in the soil. Thankfully it has been cool this week or conditions would be worse.

I haven't taken a look at the longe range but I'm guessing warm and dry conditions will continue.

The past month has been an incredible stretch of weather, some would say incredibly pleasant others would say incredibly boring. Regardless, we've essentially had just one day of rain (the night of the 31st) during the entire past month. Quite unusual for here, and even more noticeable after last year's soaker.

The past month has been an incredible stretch of weather, some would say incredibly pleasant others would say incredibly boring. Regardless, we've essentially had just one day of rain (the night of the 31st) during the entire past month. Quite unusual for here, and even more noticeable after last year's soaker.

The last week has reminded me a lot of SoCal weather. Mild days, cool nights, no humidity with an occasional cloud.

It would nice to green things up with some rain... but I'm not complaining about not having to cut the grass. I think last year's 70"+ deluge has helped with ground water as things should be much more brown given the lack of rain. Looks like we will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday for a chance of t'storms.

Boaters and swimmers should be out in full force this weekend.

The last week has reminded me a lot of SoCal weather. Mild days, cool nights, no humidity with an occasional cloud.

It would nice to green things up with some rain... but I'm not complaining about not having to cut the grass. I think last year's 70"+ deluge has helped with ground water as things should be much more brown given the lack of rain. Looks like we will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday for a chance of t'storms.

Boaters and swimmers should be out in full force this weekend.

Totally agree, so far I'm really enjoying this spring: not too hot, not too cold, crisp nights. May it stay like this through September.

Picked up a whopping .10 with a surprise shower this morning. All the action will be east of us again today... as the current radar shows. CLE should probably limit precip chances to no more than 30%-50% until a MCS or tropical remnant is almost on top of us. They've been bullish and burned time and time again. The persistence of our mini-drought is impressive and looks to continue for the foreseeable future. We were probably due.

Picked up a whopping .10 with a surprise shower this morning. All the action will be east of us again today... as the current radar shows. CLE should probably limit precip chances to no more than 30%-50% until a MCS or tropical remnant is almost on top of us. They've been bullish and burned time and time again. The persistence of our mini-drought is impressive and looks to continue for the foreseeable future. We were probably due.

</p>

Nothing more than a couple hundredths here which fell yesterday evening. No appreciable rain chances the next 10 days and more above average temps coming up to help dry things out more.

It has been a long time since we had line of storms push in off of the lake. Be interesting to see if the line can make it into the CLE area. Looks like a lake breeze developed as the flow isn't as near as strong as yesterday. Seems the further west you go the better the chance for storms.

It has been a long time since we had line of storms push in off of the lake. Be interesting to see if the line can make it into the CLE area. Looks like a lake breeze developed as the flow isn't as near as strong as yesterday. Seems the further west you go the better the chance for storms.

Yeah. It should coincide with rush hour too, so that will make it interesting. These seem to peter out east of Cleveland, but areas from Cleveland to Lorain might get a decent storm.

Yeah. It should coincide with rush hour too, so that will make it interesting. These seem to peter out east of Cleveland, but areas from Cleveland to Lorain might get a decent storm.

Looks like Lorain and points west will get hit. CLE is the storm brick wall this year. Winds are NE'erly near the shore and SW inland... could enhance shear. Looks like I'll be watching this slide just SW unless something new pops up.

Tornado Warning just east of Sandusky.

TORNADO WARNING

OHC043-181945-

/O.NEW.KCLE.TO.W.0002.120618T1916Z-120618T1945Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CLEVELAND OH

316 PM EDT MON JUN 18 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CLEVELAND HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

ERIE COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL OHIO...

* UNTIL 345 PM EDT

* AT 312 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS

STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR SANDUSKY...AND MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 20 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

HURON AND BERLIN HEIGHTS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

1.25" hail was reported about a mile south of me, though I didn't see anything. All I know is that the 2" of rain we got the last couple days has been much appreciated. First severe t-storm warning of the year here too, it had been a long time since I actually heard thunder too. Hopefully Thursday we can get some t-storms during the afternoon. Any rain helps.

1.25" hail was reported about a mile south of me, though I didn't see anything. All I know is that the 2" of rain we got the last couple days has been much appreciated. First severe t-storm warning of the year here too, it had been a long time since I actually heard thunder too. Hopefully Thursday we can get some t-storms during the afternoon. Any rain helps.

Nice. Your area has been in a great spot for what little t'storm action we've had. From CLE on eastward we've had very few, if any t'storms. We really could use the rain. The frontal passage on Thursday looks weak. Would like to see a good old fashion thunderstorm for a change. Usually the lake breeze is good for a few nice storms in this area but it just hasn't produced this year.

Nice. Your area has been in a great spot for what little t'storm action we've had. From CLE on eastward we've had very few, if any t'storms. We really could use the rain. The frontal passage on Thursday looks weak. Would like to see a good old fashion thunderstorm for a change. Usually the lake breeze is good for a few nice storms in this area but it just hasn't produced this year.

Back in West OH we'll have the best timing for any action, even if its weak. Any rain is good rain, as even with that couple inches earlier this week the grass is still almost all brown around here.

Another rain event that really fizzled as it approached Cleveland and points east...0.11" at KCLE...zippo at my house. Next rain chance is Sunday into Sunday night with a cold front. The front will be potent but Gulf moisture will be limited, so right now I think we see scattered convection at best with the front passage, and that's only if timing is right and occurs near peak heating.

Looks like we will miss the brunt of the heat and only top out in the mid-upper 90's from what i'm seeing. Feels weird saying we're missing out when mid-upper 90s is hot!!

Weather related, did everyone see mark johnson's weather cast after the heat game?

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/water_cooler/wews-weatherman-mark-johnsons-thunder-heat-rant-remixed-on-youtube

To remind us that we did in fact have a "winter" ... Here's the CLE 2011/12 snow map ... ouch!

Snowcolor1112.PNG

With regards to tomorrow's heat ... I could only find 5 days since the 1988 heat wave that were above 95 in Cleveland. So basically a 95+ reading is a once in a 5 year event here. If we do manage to sneak up to 98, it would be the hottest day since 1995. It's looking like the brunt of the heat should miss us to the west, so we'll see. Plus any sneaky lake breeze or influence can knock us down a bit.

I've seen at least one model peg CLE at 101.9 tomorrow, so the potential for us to tap into the extreme record breaking heat to the west is definitely there. Realistically, I think CLE tops out at 96 tomorrow.

To remind us that we did in fact have a "winter" ... Here's the CLE 2011/12 snow map ... ouch!

Snowcolor1112.PNG

With regards to tomorrow's heat ... I could only find 5 days since the 1988 heat wave that were above 95 in Cleveland. So basically a 95+ reading is a once in a 5 year event here. If we do manage to sneak up to 98, it would be the hottest day since 1995. It's looking like the brunt of the heat should miss us to the west, so we'll see. Plus any sneaky lake breeze or influence can knock us down a bit.

I've seen at least one model peg CLE at 101.9 tomorrow, so the potential for us to tap into the extreme record breaking heat to the west is definitely there. Realistically, I think CLE tops out at 96 tomorrow.

Wow... what an ugly winter it was. I've already erased it from my memory.

We've got a long way to go to get to the upper 90's. 68 IMBY this morning. I see that the KCG is already at 79... quite a difference given that I'm about 5 miles or so south of there. They must record temps on the runway pavement.

It's really getting dry out there. I live in a relatively urban location and I've seen deer and coyote around the neighborhood. Must be on the hunt for water.

CLE mentioned that the boundary will be lingering over the weekend so hopefully we can get a few storms to pop.

Just realized that much of the area is in the slight risk for later today/tonight. At least there is an outside shot at a storm.

ELONGATION OF UPR RIDGE WILL CARRY ERN EDGE OF THE EML WELL BEYOND ITS USUAL RANGE...DISPLACING IT INTO THE UPR OH VLY/WRN MID ATLANTIC REGION. WHILE ASSOCIATED WARM MID LVL TEMPS SHOULD PROHIBIT SFC-BASED STORM DEVELOPMENT AHEAD OF THE FRONT...FRONTAL UPLIFT/POST-FRONTAL WAA/MOISTURE TRANSPORT MAY SUPPORT ELEVATED CONVECTION IN THE WAKE OF THE BOUNDARY. THESE STORMS COULD PRODUCE SVR HAIL AND POSSIBLY DMGG WIND GIVEN STEEP MID LVL LAPSE RATES/INCREASING MOISTURE ALOFT. THE MOST LIKELY AREA FOR SUCH DEVELOPMENT WILL BE OVER THE LK ERIE REGION THIS EVE...WHERE ASCENT WILL BE ENHANCED BY CONTINUED E/ESE ADVANCE OF NEB/SD IMPULSE. THE STORMS COULD SPREAD E/SE INTO ERN PA/MD BY 12Z FRI.

Archived