• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Northern Ohio Obs/Discussion Thread

Trent

Definitely some melting going on. Temp says 35. I'm only seeing about 2" left here.

Thanks for the obs report. 2" is what I have left on the ground here as well.

There's about 2" left. It's incredible how quickly the snow melts at 33 with clouds in March.

Yeah it really does a number on the snow. With on and off snow for the next day or two it will be interesting to see if we can hold the snowpack until springlike weather arrives on Friday. I have my doubts although shaded/wooded areas should hold onto the snowpack fairly well.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final total of 3.7" including what fell late this evening. Depth is about 2" on the ground after some melting/compacting. Not bad considering we were never suppose to get the bigger numbers.

This puts me at about 64" for the winter. Considering another inch to possibly 2" before the end of the week, I might still be able to salvage a half decent winter in terms of snowfall if we get some snow in April and I can make it to 70". Still would be below normal, but not bad considering we haven't had one large storm all year.

Despite really not having a very good winter, this March cold (and snow at times) really skews the opinion to thinking this winter wasn't that bad after all. It makes this winter seem much longer and harsher than it really was considering most of December and half of January were complete duds.

Getting a real good burst of snow the past few hours. Ground appears covered again.

Nice. Did you loose all your snowpack today? Lost most of mine today although shaded/wooded areas still have some. Getting some decent bursts now although the heaviest has been just off to my NE. Looks like some areas have gotten an inch maybe two out in Geauga county so far. Wouldn't be surprised if there are a few reports of 3" or a bit more tomorrow morning out in the higher terrain there.

Nice. Did you loose all your snowpack today? Lost most of mine today although shaded/wooded areas still have some. Getting some decent bursts now although the heaviest has been just off to my NE. Looks like some areas have gotten an inch maybe two out in Geauga county so far. Wouldn't be surprised if there are a few reports of 3" or a bit more tomorrow morning out in the higher terrain there.

FWIW, got a report of 3" in Chardon "between 6pm and 9pm" on a weather page I help admin...we'll see what the spotter reports say in the morning. It's interesting that this isn't really lake effect...temperatures on land (especially over MI/southern ON) have been warmer than the lake water through the "event." Just a well placed mid-level trough it looks like, with maybe a bit of help from the lake.

Picked up 2" inches last night. It's a winter wonderland scene this morning. Not much snow on the roads but every other surface is coated. Drivng out to Chagrin this morning there was very little snow in the Chagrin valley... but on either side of the valley there was 2 inches or so.

Just had a heavy, but brief snowshower in Chagrin that whitened the ground. Snow on the first two days of April. Looking forward to some warmer weather. What a difference a year makes. Good thing the Indians are out of town.

Sadly it may rain next week when they come home. Sunny but cold in Athens.

Do we want to start a new thread since this current thread is well over 1,000 posts?

Sadly it may rain next week when they come home. Sunny but cold in Athens.

Do we want to start a new thread since this current thread is well over 1,000 posts?

Yeah, it's probably time to retire this 2 year old thread. 

March still wound up below normal with snowfall despite a pretty remarkable negative temperature departure. We haven't seen negative departures like that in quite some time. It wouldn't have taken much to have shifted that storm track just a hair to the north and east last month. 

Another fun stat to start to monitor is the first 70 degree temp of the year. We may start to creep up on top 10 latest quite soon.

Ohio may want to watch out for a few (more) random hailstorms in the next two days.

Nice storm last night... wasn't expecting anything and the sky lit up around 11pm. Just a few hail stones IMBY, but I heard hail was covering the ground in places on the west side.

Archived