• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
All I'm sayin'...Is give mom nature a chance - LOL. Storm potential of 2/23-24 Bears Watching

wxhstn74

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the Euro data Chi. Storm. I still think the my original thinking is sound which I like the fact the GFS and NAM 12z both agree on the sweet spot being some where btwn JXN, LAN and Battle Creek. I will adjust DTW to 3-6" and expect them to be on the low end of that...

I'm not putting much stock in this thing going over 8". It's coming out of Wyoming...Barely a gulf connection at 850mb, every other level it has a horrible moisture field. Have to stick with history and say storms coming from Colorado/Wyoming rarely put down more than 8 inches max...always a few isolated areas of 10". I like the NAM swath with a max band running WSW to ENE around Hillsdale/Jackson co. around the higher end of 4-8 with a few isolated spots of up to 10" between JXN, Battle Creek and Lansing and then Dtw at the bottom end of the 4-8

OT.Ive never seen such poor non NWS forecasting in all my years of being a WX geek. The snow totals being tossed around by the local media match nothing of the general and most recent guidance. Not sure if it's because this is the 1st go around of the winter or if all mets lost faith in the models. Lol

OT.Ive never seen such poor non NWS forecasting in all my years of being a WX geek. The snow totals being tossed around by the local media match nothing of the general and most recent guidance. Not sure if it's because this is the 1st go around of the winter or if all mets lost faith in the models. Lol

Different totals are all over the place..

I saw the heading right your way.

Your gut feeling on where the main show sets up tonight...you buying the RUC?

timing and QPF axis wise, it fits in with the latest guidance fairly well. (ECMWF is essentially the slowest, with basically a 6-18z event.)

as for the 0-3z transition it shows, that's just something we'll have to play by the hour. obviously some will end up being screwed, while others do well within the main band. later start time of the main event could help the situation though.

as for my thinking...

i'm rolling with 2-7" north of I-80, with localized higher amounts where banding sets up (so pretty much what LOT is saying).

probably see a WSW/ENE axis of heavier amounts set up from Lee Co to Cook Co.

timing and QPF axis wise, it fits in with the latest guidance fairly well. (ECMWF is essentially the slowest, with basically a 6-18z event.)

as for the 0-3z transition it shows, that's just something we'll have to play by the hour. obviously some will end up being screwed, while others do well within the main band. later start time of the main event could help the situation though.

as for my thinking...

i'm rolling with 2-7" north of I-80, with localized higher amounts where banding sets up (so pretty much what LOT is saying).

probably see a WSW/ENE axis of heavier amounts set up from Lee Co to Cook Co.

Thanks, it's wild watching this thing come in slower each run.

from DTX's aviation update .

FOR DTW...A BRIEF MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW AT THE ONSET WILL QUICKLY

TRANSITION TO ALL SNOW AS THE PRECIPITATION INTENSITY INCREASES.

HEAVIEST SNOWFALL WILL ARRIVE 05Z-10Z...WHERE SNOWFALL RATES OF ONE

HALF TO ONE INCH PER HOUR WILL BE POSSIBLE.

No mention of sleet and good snowfall rates, I sense a WSW is coming for most of the CWA.

Archived