• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/10/2012 - 2/12/2012 OBS Thread: Snow, Rain, Sleet, Wind, Cold.

noctilucent

seems precip is moving in sooner than expected?

very spotty and very light....I know NBC10 down here mentioned spotty precip running out ahead of the main stuff this evening and some model runs spitting out minimal qpf for a few hours before the "real" stuff gets in later so not sure this really is unexpected.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Criteria for the advisory counties is 2". North of there its 4", IIRC.

Thank you. Thankyavurrymuch, Ray.

Here in Warrington, PA, 37.2, overcast with a light west wind.

Radar shows activity over us, but nothing falling from the sky.

Definitely not staying up for this one!

Radar looks pretty.....diffuse.

I do not think any criteria will be changed, however myself and some others at the office have been working on splitting Montgomery, Bucks and Chester counties into additional zones. This will especially help during winter weather with the upper/western parts of these counties typically getting frozen/freezing precipitation longer than farther to the east. I am waiting for a status update on this project, but hopefully it will be ready to go before next winter.

I do not think any criteria will be changed, however myself and some others at the office have been working on splitting Montgomery, Bucks and Chester counties into additional zones. This will especially help during winter weather with the upper/western parts of these counties typically getting frozen/freezing precipitation longer than farther to the east. I am waiting for a status update on this project, but hopefully it will be ready to go before next winter.

This will be a good thing. I've been hoping for this for a while since the climate in Quakertown is vastly different than Bristol. :)

very cool idea, thanks mike

Cool. Took us a bit over a year from proposal to finish (technically we still need to implement so not done just yet) but that's mainly because I dragged my feet learning ArcGIS.

Thanks Mike!

Great idea

Props to idea of splitting the counties! Conditions vary widely across Chester Co.

Snizzle all evening. Can see where snow will accum pretty quickly here in the valley as there is still a lot of snowcover

and ground is still frozen. A white dusting from these evening's attempts. 32.7 here, temp slowly dropping all evening.

Archived