• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
2/10/2012 - 2/12/2012 OBS Thread: Snow, Rain, Sleet, Wind, Cold.

noctilucent

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grass has turned white here in Villanova PA. Been snowing lightly for a few hours now. 32.5F. Minor accum thus far.

I think we might do pretty well here esp w/ the second batch of pcpn likely to come through tomorrow afternoon.

I think we're gonna be the sweet spot for our area man. Just talked to my friend in Boothwyn and nothing is sticking or anything there yet when the roads are all covered here already.

Lull will come in from the southwest soon however it appears there are signs of another round of banding starting to set up south south west of dc. HRRR pretty much had this lull and next round a bit interested at how fast it is starting to develop though. Frontogenesis still look great. Pretty good jet in place as well to add to the mix.

Lull will come in from the southwest soon however it appears there are signs of another round of banding starting to set up south south west of dc. HRRR pretty much had this lull and next round a bit interested at how fast it is starting to develop though. Frontogenesis still look great. Pretty good jet in place as well to add to the mix.

Doesn't look like there will be a complete lull, the intensity may drop, but I don't think it's going to stop completely looking at radar.

Doesn't look like there will be a complete lull, the intensity may drop, but I don't think it's going to stop completely looking at radar.

Yup it has already filled in more. what is interesting is the fact we still have along way to go with the 300mb jet everything else on new mesoscale data update is looking very nice for the next round of banding. as for how large and heavy it gets we shall wait and see might gets good before we end the actually storm and turn our focus to the wild card.

Side note 32.5 in northeast Philadelphia.

Looks like a good coating half an inch so far here

Moderate snow right now

Woodbury, nw Gloucester county NJ...light snow, zero sticking to road and sidewalk, slushy looking accumulation on car tops and grass of less than an inch.

Intensisty gradually increasing now as radar improves a bit...looks like next 4ish hours is best shot at this location to make measurable accumulations outside of the bonus round.

Archived