• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
2/10/2012 - 2/12/2012 OBS Thread: Snow, Rain, Sleet, Wind, Cold.

noctilucent

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

up to 2.3 inches here in wayne pa on the course elev 500ft...last hr it has been snowing moderately with nice flake size. Had to come into work and shovel off the tennis courts.

Yep about 2.5" here as well man. It's been snowing to beat the band the last few hrs with huge flakes. Sucks watching it not stick to the roads at all. Hopefully the temps dropping later will help.

Impressive mid level and low level lapse rates setting up in Central and northwest pa. we shall see where the spread this afternoon for the Norlun.

For the record melting has occurred here got over an inch in northeast Philly in some grassy spots other grassy spots it never accumulated at all. a typical Philly snow.

Absolutely gorgeous out there earlier this morning, I guess you really can't complain when you have a couple of 1" events to show for a month in which we're sitting at a +6.5 departure.....

1.5" final total at the house & a little more, 1.8" at Playwicki Farm just up the road in Feasterville

some pics from the trek through Playwicki

took last measurement at the course before i left about n hr ago...the sun was starting to come out so pretty much accum snow was done...looks like 2.7 at mt wayne..took a couple more photos will add later

I have identical measurements in Mt. BM, down to 33.1 from 34 last hour. Nice burst through here around 9. About 4 inches for the week, not bad.

Up to 37.2 here and melting like crazy.

HOWEVER, right after the final burst stopped, I checked the shady side of the house (trash can lid was IN THE SUN). So, I measured 1.1" there and I will go with that. It was snowing pretty hard during that hour, so I'm not surprised it accumulated SOMEWHERE. I saw additional snow on cold spots of the roof, etc (was not going out there to measure!!!).

Anyway, its over for now. The sky looks like July and I am expecting Thunderslush at any minute.

here is the rucs sim radar for later on, brings the norlun like feature through the area

I looked through the SREFs and while all the features are there, and while the orientation puts Philly in the bullseye, eveything is really weak, maybe someone will squeeze out 2 inches. It just looks to me, a rank amateur, like the timing is off - and key elements are sort of spread out over a 12 hour period so it doesn't really come together. Of course, then I looked at SREF verification scores and decided to stop looking at the SREFs altogether...

Archived