e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 11/12 Storm Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah even on the op it would be a nasty afternoon/evening.

we'll see.

i'm not a fan of seeing the ukmet blow up that offshore low given how every piece of guidance does try and develop it to some extent. looked like the ec ens had a little kink to the east too....hopefully the GFS is on the right path here though.

Yeah all the models including the GEFS do have dual lows, so obviosuly you don't want the srn wave to take over. We'll probably have an idea with the EC coming out.

It's unreal how this winter started out west and nw of me with the halloweenie event, then n of me, and now seemingly south and se of me for the last couple of weeks. :lol:

Now it will see to it that I pull a 2-spot in order to place my futility mark in great peril.

Christ. lol

ur futility mark has always been in great peril IMO.

it possible but a long shot

and yes i know you were joking

It usually handles really tight lows best because they're more mesoscale in nature and that is where it trumps globals....the Jan 12 blizzard was a perfect example. Alot of us went ballz-to-wallz with the NAM despite that all globals, including the EURO, were relatively meh.

The thing is if the systems time out a little better we'd have the s/w more NW to SSE stacked, and we could see the NAM situation play out. But it looks suspect to me as more than any other model it tends to make pretty wild adjustments in s/w speed at this range whereas the GFS et al tend to shift more subtly.

The solutions aren't terribly far off and it's 2 days away. I just don't think we see a mega QPF jackpot over us and one 800 miles SSE with the second system...we either see the whole thing consolidate better, or we don't.

Euro is usually much less prone to the wild swings, I expect it'll help clear the air and point us in the right direction.

The UK/GFS/GEFS/NAM, presumably the GGEM are all decent hits, and right now that's all that matters.

Yeah that 0.4 line is just NW of the canal I think. So my point is that total qpf should be pretty decent as it should be going pretty good from about 15-18Z and beyond for awhile. I mean by 12Z things are getting going with steady qpf.

yeah total ending 72 hr is .5 just nw of the canal...the .75 contour doesn't quite touch CHH....with the .25" line running from SE NH SW across C MA into W CT

ur futility mark has always been in great peril IMO.

it possible but a long shot

and yes i know you were joking

Every other season on record has failed to reach it, so that is a pretty astute observation on you part.....while you're at it, would you mind filling in for Will and calculating my odds in any given year of beating the 127.5" that '96 laid down...thnx, chief.

Part of me wishes that srn crap just goes away. I'm not sure how much it helps out to begin with. The part that is of any consequence to us, is nrn stream anyways.

Doesn't help at all, and it's not going away. We can only hope the timing changes.

GGEM is what I expected based on the RGEM. Euro should be right in the middle of the non-nam spread.

Well 12Z has promise but the arbiter will rule in about 40 minutes. Still.....gotta appreciate the trends.

If the 12z NAM was never run the trends are still very good.

In the end we may see the NW solution play out, but if there's any model prone to wild s/w placement/strength swings particularly in the southern stream at this range...it's the NAM.

Archived