northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Usually we go from 40s/50s into summer wx and vice versa. Seems like we have about 1-2 weeks of 65-70F temps a year.

65-75 with sun is the perfect wx for sports, especially basketball. If the 12th threat doesnt materialize im gonna be rooting for a SE ridge haha

What are you talking about? 80s in April are awesome because it's not mercilessly humid out yet at that point.

I'm talking about spring. Have you heard of it? We've already had 6 months of Autumn; I don't need it followed by 6 months of summer.

Euro a blow torch in the long range, GFS cold...given the way its been for the Euro lately I'm going with the GFS.

After this weekend the pattern begins to collapse - better then 50 % chance we end February with much above average temps -more then 5 degrees - and 0 snowfall

The 6z gfs shows what happens if we can get a good west based -NAO...I would say just about our only chance to salvage the winter. I don't necessarily think the GFS is right esp since its in fantasy land, but it highlights how our pattern would look if we can get that block to retrograde into central Canada, forcing the PV south and west into a prime position for cold and storminess. Highly unlikely it actually occurs but I guess well see how everything plays out.

After this weekend the pattern begins to collapse - better then 50 % chance we end February with .....0 snowfall

Not to be discourteous, but that is a lol post....

Not to be discourteous, but that is a lol post....

first of all I said better then 50 % chance - I didn't say 100 % - will you still be laughing if I end up being right? and I am not the only one that feels this way and I can prove it

first of all I said better then 50 % chance - I didn't say 100 % - will you still be laughing if I end up being right? and I am not the only one that feels this way and I can prove it

you sound like a child. No one is particularly optimistic about the chances for a cold and snow feb anymore. But proclaiming greater than 50% chance that we are at least +5 and 0 snow is slightly on the ridiculous side. I'll give you below avg snow (maybe less than 6in?) and above avg temps (2-3degrees) but your proclamation is on the extreme end of things at the moment.

I wouldnt take any model seriously past 7 days. Just a couple of days ago, the Euro had a big cold blast for next week. Now it has warm temps. The GFS on the other hand is no where near the Euro in the long range. I hope the gfs is right because I am getting sick of this warm weather.

I wouldnt take any model seriously past 7 days. Just a couple of days ago, the Euro had a big cold blast for next week. Now it has warm temps. The GFS on the other hand is no where near the Euro in the long range. I hope the gfs is right because I am getting sick of this warm weather.

Quite a few long range GFS runs have been warm lately, though, so its not as if the GFS has any better consistency than the EC.

After this weekend the pattern begins to collapse - better then 50 % chance we end February with much above average temps -more then 5 degrees - and 0 snowfall

So i guess theres close to an equal chance of being 3 below with 12 inches of snow ? whats ur spread ?

just ambigous and baseless

Well at least we know cold and snow still exist somewhere. All of Europe is in an icebox and Alaska had its coldest January in decades, so that will counteract the crazy global warming enthusiasts who will more than likely point the United States record warm winter as part of global warming.

More than 5 degrees? I don't think so, that would be more than what we had in December or January and the climo averages in February are quickly rising meaning we'll need a few 60F+ days.

More than 5 degrees? I don't think so, that would be more than what we had in December or January and the climo averages in February are quickly rising meaning we'll need a few 60F+ days.

the snow part is a laugher, however +5 is easily reachable, and actually well within the possibilities, already have a nice head start thanks to 3 very warm days, another torch today and a warm day tomorrow, and fire around Vday.........

Archived