joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/27/12 SWFE Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think about what HM said in his most awesome post on the general board about how the whole pattern is changing like last year at this time. Remember we were all psyched about getting another huge storm on Feb 2 but it fizzled at the last second, according to HM the pattern AAM wise flipped, and model mayhem resulted. This year is totally opposite the pattern again has flipped but more towards last years 6 week stretch, model mayhem again according to HM. Today's Euro looks pretty damn sweet going forward, hopefully this cutter overachieves for some.

looks like higher parts of worcester could go to town for a few hours this evening

haven't looked at vertical temp profiles but will what time is ORH supposed to go sleet/fz rain (warm nose moving in) and is this pretty confident w/ timing .

It should flip sometime around 9pm I would think.

Are you saying the zr flips to rain at 9pm? The way you responded it sounds like you are saying the snow would flip to zr around 9pm. (I know I should reread the thread but I don't really have time right now...trying to get some quick info)

No, the snow flips to ZR around 9pm (or to straight cold rain for the places that aren't cold enough for ZR)...there will probably be a brief period of sleet in the transition.

Archived