Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
DT, Henry M, Steve D, JB Talk

TheTrials

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's funny what seemed so important about a wedding ceremony and reception back then and now we say WTF? Like who cares. It's all relative to where you are in your life though....I do look back at that "Engagement year" with very fond memories though

Yea i appreciate the thoughts, thanks. Its mainly her divorced parents fighting over the funding, lists, etc., and we are helpless. im trying to tell them im paying for my share so they cant dictate their terms anymore, but well see how it goes.

Any girl who marries one of us weather geeks is a good catch though, they put up with a lot of **** haha

I don't criticize his right to earn a living, but the problem with him is the weenieism....just give it to me straight without the hype or trying to make what's going to turn out 999 times to bbe a rainstorm a snowstorm

I hear you on that but marketing and hype is how EVERY product is sold. Accuweather does the same thing on a larger scale and is by reasonable measure a very successful company. If people dont like it, they should tune out.

Yea i appreciate the thoughts, thanks. Its mainly her divorced parents fighting over the funding, lists, etc., and we are helpless. im trying to tell them im paying for my share so they cant dictate their terms anymore, but well see how it goes.

Any girl who marries one of us weather geeks is a good catch though, they put up with a lot of **** haha

Only advise I can give you is that when the day comes, Just roll with it. Whatever happens, happens. The day will go bye so fast, you need to take the time to enjoy it. After 19 yrs it still feels like yesterday. Best of luck to you

Thats sooo true my gf is already laying down the ground rules for tonight. If i get up to check on the snow every 5 minutes i have to sleep in the living room. We broke up before Irene because i straight up went mental. (and got back together right after)

I don't criticize his right to earn a living, but the problem with him is the weenieism....just give it to me straight without the hype or trying to make what's going to turn out 999 times to bbe a rainstorm a snowstorm

Actually he doesnt seem to be hyping this event. Infact he believes NYC/LI will change to rain around 8am and S CT by 9am LOL...This almost reminds me of his call right to the hour it began to snow for NO SNOW whatesoever for the Oct storm in the NYC metro lol.

how many years? We're 12...nice thing about year 2000 weddings is easly to remember the amount of years married since it's always the current year

Same here. Good tip. Never thought of that. Always tried to do the math. (unfortunately I'm being serious.)

The day 7 system, which is shown as an apps runner today, should be watched.

It's still on the GFS.

Lolz. First weenie to ever ask for sleet.

But I am not a weenie :whistle:

Huh he is one of the best mets by far on tv or any other medium

Yes but he's going to be wrong this time.

Steve d now saying warm air rapidly marching north lol im at 23!

I'm pretty sure he means aloft...not at the surface...I'd be rather shocked if any 2m temps in the area get out of the 20's today...

Both he mentioned how warm ac got and the shore

Point taken as it is 36F @ ACY...probably some type of coastal front formed....re-evaluating...the warm front ahead of the eastbound low must be pushing along the NJ coast....to the south of the low some warm air at the surface can be drawn up...but to the north of the track...it should remain cold with the anticyclone to the north still in command...

what a stupid proclamation, nothing had us mixing except the nam when pretty much the whole storm was over

In a world where most meteorologists and forecasters trust the models too much I sometimes get the sense he does not trust them ENOUGH! Its no secret models underdo WAA, but thats often by 1-2C at 780-880mb and once north of 40N it occurs to a lesser extent, so generally you only become concerned when you see SW-WSW flow and you're within 1C of being above 0C in that layer, most guidance yesterday had us safely below that til late in the event. I should add, with that said I could understand Steve D's argument for the sleet/FZRA switchover, but not the RA changeover for anyone in say NYC/LI. We've seen in these events with easterly winds that if you can lay down a decent snow cover early it can be very hard to get those area over 32, coastal NJ is another story.

what a stupid proclamation, nothing had us mixing except the nam when pretty much the whole storm was over

It's almost like he tries too hard to make the boldest proclamation possible with every storm.

He's typically way too bullish - but he chose a rather odd time to go bearish. This really wasn't that tough a forecast for NYC and points north. Wrong setup to forecast a flip to rain.

Archived