joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
DT, Henry M, Steve D, JB Talk

TheTrials

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DT is saying that the forecasts for 6-10" were too high for PA/NWNJ but I know there are at least a few 6-8" reports coming out of Sussex/passaic etc. and wouldn't be surprised to see more in Morris/Bergen and across NY/CT. Mt holly hasn't updated in over 3 hours

Yup.. A solid 6.0"-7.0" is pretty much uniform here in Nepa.

Point taken as it is 36F @ ACY...probably some type of coastal front formed....re-evaluating...the warm front ahead of the eastbound low must be pushing along the NJ coast....to the south of the low some warm air at the surface can be drawn up...but to the north of the track...it should remain cold with the anticyclone to the north still in command...

As we saw today, 36 at ACY is no big deal. General rule I've followed. To change to plain liquid rain in NYC, ACY needs to hit 40.

LC says the long term predictions of better indices are fiction as they have been since Oct-goes warm and snowless for us through Feb...

Agree, as absolute values of indices are by-and-large proxies. The location of the anomaly centers are better predictors with regard to teleconnections.

Check out DT and JB's son duking it out on DT's FB thread about 6-10 amts in PA not verifying--nice of DT to cursing out a 14 yr old kid. So classy (and kudos to Garrett for calling him out!)

What do you think DT stands for? Dis functional Tool

The guy is just that. Very disrespectful. God forbid if you disagree with him or try to point out he's wrong. Btw didn't he get fired from NWS?

As we saw today, 36 at ACY is no big deal. General rule I've followed. To change to plain liquid rain in NYC, ACY needs to hit 40.

Interestingly enough, both Atlantic City and Kennedy Airport received the same amout of snow yesterday: 1.6"

DT is saying that the forecasts for 6-10" were too high for PA/NWNJ but I know there are at least a few 6-8" reports coming out of Sussex/passaic etc. and wouldn't be surprised to see more in Morris/Bergen and across NY/CT. Mt holly hasn't updated in over 3 hours

Per Mount Holly and Upton NWS offices, there were some 6"+ reports out of PA. In NJ, Ringwood reported 8" and West Milford 7.3" for yesterday's event.

Check out DT and JB's son duking it out on DT's FB thread about 6-10 amts in PA not verifying--nice of DT to cursing out a 14 yr old kid. So classy (and kudos to Garrett for calling him out!)

Wow, talk about disrepectful. Let me get this straight, cuz I can't find his map. He calls for 6-10" across central/NE PA, then says his own forecast was too high, and basically denies there being a stripe of 6-7"+ right across the middle of the state from just north of Pittsburgh to the Poconos. Who's the 14 year old again?

Btw, I was one of the 7"+ reports (7.4" in Bellwood, PA), I can def say that it happened and it wasn't an isolated incident.

No he claimed others' forecasts were too high because they didn't verify. When people claimed there were indeed amounts over 6" he basically called them liars

Wow, talk about disrepectful. Let me get this straight, cuz I can't find his map. He calls for 6-10" across central/NE PA, then says his own forecast was too high, and basically denies there being a stripe of 6-7"+ right across the middle of the state from just north of Pittsburgh to the Poconos. Who's the 14 year old again?

Btw, I was one of the 7"+ reports (7.4" in Bellwood, PA), I can def say that it happened and it wasn't an isolated incident.

He said that the Saturday event looks like a snowstorm for the coast.

His quote was - he would be surprised if we didnt see some kind of development THIS WEEKEND with a trough this deep coming into the east ... That was the extent of him biting

he also said that about the early Jan trough which delivered zero.

Fair point . But I wasnt responding to the accuracy of his predictions , i was responding to the accuracy of the quote . " he said snowstorm on coast sat "

he didnt ..... . I cant speak to how right he has been or will be .

Archived