Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/19 Clipper OBS

earthlight

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone! We had a good 3/10ths of an inch before here in the Stony Brook area from those ocean/sound enhanced snow showers. Cars and roads were completely covered and they got slick in a hurry! Was coming home and saw three quick accidents (spin outs off the road)...so I already nearly got my half inch for tonight with tonight's "main event" still on its way. As much as I loved the milder winter weather, I missed this snow excitement! ...even if it's not that big of a deal... :)

T: 31F

Wind Calm

3/10ths" Fresh Snow

Currently: Flurries

Hey Matt...great to see someone back up my big #! (Our towns are adjacent)

mod to heavy sleet/snowballs :)

That ocean effect band out ahead of the clipper is interesting. I saw it develop here and head east. Nothing but flurries here but looks like it picked up in intensity as it headed east. Ocean effect here is rare and short lived for a reason, not easy to pull off.

In the mean time the onshore wind is once again blasting us up and over 40 here once again. So another accumulation bust here.

caught a smidgen of that band on the ct coast, looked almost convective on radar, had graupel and snow with it.

i should be getting into some snow according to the radar either that or these bands are just gonna moisten up the atmosphere for me later. btw just ignore noreaster27 trials hes the resident " thorn in the side " by now. heres to a preview of friday night/saturday :snowman:

Archived