Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Hudson Valley Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was a nice summer. Went to the park, played the obligatory games, got a tan, etc. Monday pm could easily tank into the teens, though, so I'm a little worried about some of the flowering trees and plants that are at or almost at their peak here right now. I'm not too concerned about the fruit trees since they're not even close to blooming, and I don't think little green buds will be affected much by one night of cold. It's kind of bittersweet... I'm looking forward to a break from the heat, but at the same time, this has the potential to really be a high-impact freeze.

On Friday the apple orchards below New Paltz had a lot of small leaves popping, but no blossoms yet. Some trees like the wild cherries are blossoming ...unlike the apple they blossom first it seems.

Well, that was a nice summer. Went to the park, played the obligatory games, got a tan, etc. Monday pm could easily tank into the teens, though, so I'm a little worried about some of the flowering trees and plants that are at or almost at their peak here right now. I'm not too concerned about the fruit trees since they're not even close to blooming, and I don't think little green buds will be affected much by one night of cold. It's kind of bittersweet... I'm looking forward to a break from the heat, but at the same time, this has the potential to really be a high-impact freeze.

Need the rain? Maybe yeah but, I don't know about you folks but I have been enjoying a dry year for a change. No mold or mildew problems, no mud, only had to mow the lawn once so far and the mt biking has been excellent. After the last few overly wet years this has been a pleasure and business at the bicycle shop I manage has been stellar.

Is it really going to be wet for at least the next five days? What's hanging this front up for so long? I have a hard time thinking that for the first time in months things are stalling to such an extent.

.85" last night, which did a good job softening what was hard rock ground, before the main event moves in later today.

I had a total of 2.28" at 7am. I'm not sure why KMGJ had only 1.64" at the same time... KMGJ reported .91" for Saturdays frontal passage while I had the .85" I reported above for the same time. I'll have to check my manual rain gauge when I get home to make sure my 2.28" is in the ballpark but I have a feeling something went arwy at the airports reporting station last night.

How did everyone else make out with storm totals?

I had a total of 2.28" at 7am. I'm not sure why KMGJ had only 1.64" at the same time... KMGJ reported .91" for Saturdays frontal passage while I had the .85" I reported above for the same time. I'll have to check my manual rain gauge when I get home to make sure my 2.28" is in the ballpark but I have a feeling something went arwy at the airports reporting station last night.

How did everyone else make out with storm totals?

2.33 here for the 3 day event as of 1pm.

Archived