Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Hudson Valley Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice ...good to hear u still have snow. :)

My journeys take me to the Sullivan county place in Monticello also sometimes.... When I go there I tend to come home the "back way" by taking 17 to Roscoe and then cutting up to route 30 north till I'm within 10 mins of my house. Extremely circuitous along that Pepactopn Reservoir, but beautiful scenery through the Catskills.

It's been a great day up here in Sullivan county ... been snowing since about 10am and hasnt stopped. Hearing that rt 17 is a mess and is now closed around Wurtsboro to my south.

Wow! I went cross-eyed while looking at it, thanks. :pimp:

Yeah that map is quite busy, I didnt zoom in as I wanted to show the chaos that was occuring with so many indicators on the screen that you cannot see the storms.

Happy to live in a region that gets maybe one damaging tornado per decade.I don't need that much excitement...snowstorms are fine thanks.

I'm not sure why 28 (or more now) people had to die in this. These were very well predicted..everyone out there should have a storm shelter and have the nws or other alerts on their mobile devices, home wx radio, etc..... If you live in these parts of the country you almost have to plan on being destroyed at least once on your lifetime...law of averages ...and get insurance I suppose.

Thats some supercell heading towards Cincy...

Archived