Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Hudson Valley Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're fighting a losing battle in the NYC thread...

Well now I HAD to go over there and read the thread.

I have two comments. :wacko:

1) I moved out of the Metro area for a reason lol, don't tell me OC is part of it now or I'll have to move again. :bike:

2) I haven't post much there since we started our thread here.

Orange County is the so called "Exurbs" I guess, but still some nice rural enclaves. Sometimes my work takes me to Goshen (old Surrogate's Courthouse in town) and it still feels like Upstate NY more than the NYC Metro in that area. Gonna be there next week - I do genealogy mostly for legal/estate cases, but this one is tracing some Irish immigrants from 1850-1900 Cornwall for a private person. So I'll go to the Genealogical Society in the old courthouse in Goshen. That's a great place if you have OC roots...tons of old records compiled.

1) I moved out of the Metro area for a reason lol, don't tell me OC is part of it now or I'll have to move again. :bike:

I'm going to be a little vague in order to protect the guilty but one time when I was on an inspection train as we strolled through Orange County a railroad official answered a question "well it's just a bunch of trees up here anyway". This was right after the payroll tax went through so I leaned to my boss and said "these trees are paying your tax..."

Orange County is the so called "Exurbs" I guess, but still some nice rural enclaves. Sometimes my work takes me to Goshen (old Surrogate's Courthouse in town) and it still feels like Upstate NY more than the NYC Metro in that area. Gonna be there next week - I do genealogy mostly for legal/estate cases, but this one is tracing some Irish immigrants from 1850-1900 Cornwall for a private person. So I'll go to the Genealogical Society in the old courthouse in Goshen. That's a great place if you have OC roots...tons of old records compiled.

I work in the 1887 building right there

Orange County is the so called "Exurbs" I guess, but still some nice rural enclaves. Sometimes my work takes me to Goshen (old Surrogate's Courthouse in town) and it still feels like Upstate NY more than the NYC Metro in that area.

Heck we don't even have a supermarket in Goshen.. lol

Gonna be there next week - I do genealogy mostly for legal/estate cases, but this one is tracing some Irish immigrants from 1850-1900 Cornwall for a private person. So I'll go to the Genealogical Society in the old courthouse in Goshen. That's a great place if you have OC roots...tons of old records compiled.

Sounds like interesting work Rick.

I need to get outa my box and see what the weather is up to here in Rockland

I'm going to be a little vague in order to protect the guilty but one time when I was on an inspection train as we strolled through Orange County a railroad official answered a question "well it's just a bunch of trees up here anyway". This was right after the payroll tax went through so I leaned to my boss and said "these trees are paying your tax..."

LOL! Taxing trees, sounds right on for NY.

Whats the weather like now? How much snow fell?

Archived