Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The Hudson Valley Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High of 97.7F yesterday

I wish OCEM use official NWS official forecasts and warnings when posting on social media about weather. Posting accuweather "realfeel" maps of hy*& is not the right move. IMO. OCEM should stick stick with NWS guidance, I've seen OCEM issue weather alerts on Facebook for severe thunderstorm warnings for the county where none were issued by Upton. Correct information guides peoples actions better.

High of 97.7F yesterday

I wish OCEM use official NWS official forecasts and warnings when posting on social media about weather. Posting accuweather "realfeel" maps of hy*& is not the right move. IMO. OCEM should stick stick with NWS guidance, I've seen OCEM issue weather alerts on Facebook for severe thunderstorm warnings for the county where none were issued by Upton. Correct information guides peoples actions better.

I recently pointed this out to them and I then heard back from the person who does the posting who understood the mistake and would check Upton in the future. So hopefully that won't happen again at least.

I recently pointed this out to them and I then heard back from the person who does the posting who understood the mistake and would check Upton in the future. So hopefully that won't happen again at least.

Nice work Rob. I pointed it out to them as well at the time it occurred but they left it up.

Today’s storms are ramping up extremely quickly. From a slight green speck on a radar scan to a large area of heavy rain and then go severe within 4 or 5 scans

That's for sure. Looks like the action may be east of us today. 91.6/63

Archived