Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The Hudson Valley Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a rain hole here. Nothing ever forms over me. LOL

Looks like my place down in Saugerties has at least seen the occasional shower. I'll find out tomorrow when I go down there to deal with the lawn.

I suspect that has something to do with the water tower, or whatever it is, that is near Uptons radar. I wound up with .01 last night.

I suspect that has something to do with the water tower, or whatever it is, that is near Uptons radar. I wound up with .01 last night.

I thought that as well but the upton radar block casts a no return area That runs thru Ulster Co. This one is different, it's not a blocked radar no return line, it's a return that begins in Orage Co. It droped off the radar after a few scans. This might be some thermal boundary

How was the party last weekend??

How was the party last weekend??

I picked up .05 at the start of the party but the temps dropped into the mid 70's. We were able to dry everything off and press ahead with the mostly outside party. There was another sprinkle, .01, later in the day but the maples in the yard kept most of that at bay. So it all worked out well, thanks for asking.

I took a quick glance this morning and saw that I've seen around .25 since 6/23 when I had .85 but much of that was from downpours that ran off. Things are rather brown in the park these days.

I was at the Saugerties place yesterday and it is absolutely parched, similar to up here. Even some of the brush leaves are starting to dry up.

I cut the grass, but really it barely needed it after two weeks. 88 there at around 4 pm yesterday.

Up here..low of 62 earlier, forecast into the upper 80's later....

I picked up .05 at the start of the party but the temps dropped into the mid 70's. We were able to dry everything off and press ahead with the mostly outside party. There was another sprinkle, .01, later in the day but the maples in the yard kept most of that at bay. So it all worked out well, thanks for asking.

I took a quick glance this morning and saw that I've seen around .25 since 6/23 when I had .85 but much of that was from downpours that ran off. Things are rather brown in the park these days.

1.71" with light rain still falling out here. I was at Newburgh Brewing when the first storms moved into the valley earlier, had a very good view from there, it was cool to watch even though the view to the west is mostly blocked.

You really got dumped on there today. Would love to see some of the amounts just to my north. Nice second batch of heavy rain just worked through here.....up to .89"

I wasnt home when it came through, this damage was just a little northeast of me.

http://www.midhudson...rm-16Jul12.html

... Orange County...

Montgomery 5.87 700 am 7/16 trained spotter

1 WNW Gardnertown 2.97 106 am 7/16 mesonet

1 SSW Newburgh 2.03 1003 PM 7/15 mesonet

Cornwall On Hudson 1.65 930 PM 7/15 Skywarn spotter

Someone in my office lives up in Crawford told me they had 5.75" so that was some cell to my north for sure.

Archived