• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
The Hudson Valley Thread

Yeah no damage here thankfully. I hate wind events with owning a house surrounded by big trees.

Lots of trees here too. Thankfully I'm tucked in down along the Wallkill, high enough that I don't flood but low enough that often the worst wind goes over top. Or at least that's what I like to think anyway, LOL.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you had a good time. 1.36" in the bucket now, the recent heavy stuff has missed me.

Had a great time....,thanks. Was at my daughters softball tournament for the week. It was mighty hot and humid though. 1.53" for the day.

I first heard about this in the morning from a buddy and there are now more reports from Pine Bush. Lots of damage up that way, they may have had something touch down up there.

Not sure if you caught my post from that evening but a buddy of mine in Thompson Ridge told me it was pretty wild up there. If I'm not mistaken there was a tornado warning for that immediate area so I would think anything is possible..

Edit: Just realized my post never went through for that lol...

Not sure if you caught my post from that evening but a buddy of mine in Thompson Ridge told me it was pretty wild up there. If I'm not mistaken there was a tornado warning for that immediate area so I would think anything is possible..

Edit: Just realized my post never went through for that lol...

I was referring to Saturday around noontime but it seems like it might have just been straight line wind. As for Thursday evening, yeah I think something went through up there. I work with someone who lives up in Crawford near Thompson Ridge and they had about 15 trees knocked down on their property. About half of those trees were twisted off and laying in different directions on the ground. So that general area got hit hard on both Thursday evening and again on Saturday.

I first heard about this in the morning from a buddy and there are now more reports from Pine Bush. Lots of damage up that way, they may have had something touch down up there.

It made the weather channel late last night too. I haven't heard anything further about it, have you Rob?

I miss all the storms yesterday inside the damn mall, first time I've been in there in 5 years lol.

It''s as oppressive as the weather can get in the HV for 7:30am this morning with a super saturated air mass over the area. If we can heat this air mass up with some breaks in the clouds to destabilize it e might have some action this afternoon. Currently 82F 80% H

Tor reported by a pilot in the town of sidney, Delaware Co. Lots of dramatic views in Orange with tonights line by no damage reported ATM

NWS said no tornado. Looking at a pic of this on FB, it looked like all the pics posted yesterday evening in Orange Co.

from Sidney Ny

post-463-0-70742000-1344277686_thumb.jpg

Archived