EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
January 2012 General Discussion/Obs Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

61F in Denver right now...still stuck at 1F here...

I'll go for a run. My biggest problem is my face. Not cold enough to worry about frostbite, but still going to feel nasty. My brother got frostbite during a trip to International Falls (while riding on an ATV when it was -20F).

Temps are going to drop like a ROCK after the sun goes down. High pressure still to the west over S MN.

Welcome to Wiscaansin ;)

It actually doesn't feel all that bad to me at least in the sun.. Could def go for a run in this.

I just walked a couple miles each way across the city for some bidness, haven't felt that much pain in awhile.

Forecast for -8 °F tonight, which I will enthusiastically track from the confines of my apartment.

I'm scared to see what happens as the sun sets since it's 5/-17 and clear right now...

I just walked a couple miles each way across the city for some bidness, haven't felt that much pain in awhile.

Forecast for -8 °F tonight, which I will enthusiastically track from the confines of my apartment.

I'm scared to see what happens as the sun sets since it's 5/-17 and clear right now...

What have you, Four Loko-ed your way through the past 3 winters up there? ;) I would have thought the cold would have lost some of its newness already.

What have you, Four Loko-ed your way through the past 3 winters up there? ;) I would have thought the cold would have lost some of its newness already.

Well, yeah I've felt it before. I put it way out of my mind though cause it's so painful. I find temperatures below 20 completely depressing, unless it's snowing like it will be tomorrow.

Went for my run. 0F out and had a little west wind (brutal). I actually had a guy pull up next to me and ask if I needed a ride! I'm not sure I would run again at this temp. My charlie brown was numb when I got home.

My lungs hurt just reading this.

Down to 5 with several more hours of clear skies. We have 1-2" of snow on the ground, so that may be just enough to help knock the temps a little lower than without it.

We'll see if this fresh snowpack can help tonight. IND forecasting a low of 9º for LAF, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a lower number. 5º, being the lowest this January, is the number to beat.

I could see it getting a little colder than that if we clear out. WAA increases toward morning so it could be one of those times where the low occurs a little earlier than usual.

I could see it getting a little colder than that if we clear out. WAA increases toward morning so it could be one of those times where the low occurs a little earlier than usual.

Definitely. We'll have to drop like a rock quickly. Temp on my crappy thermometer down to 14º.

Looks like you guys may make a run at zero.

Temp drop here has slowed some, but still slowly leaking. Our 0.3" of fresh fluff from earlier this morning no doubt making some contribution lol.

Zero, probably a long shot...but we could get to 5 or a degree lower I think. Need another big drop at 9PM.

Archived