Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
January 2012 General Discussion/Obs Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, not doing too bad. Kind of reminds me of LAF the first part of winter last year, always ovrprforming. Only 17" IMBY though. Only 20 miles from FWA and over 3" difference in snowfall.

17" isn't bad. Heck, I'm extremely grateful for my 13.6" to date. Over performing is good.

Considering how rapidly we're falling and the waa not kicking in for many hours, I agree. Man these types of nights are really difficult to forecast.

Yep, these are the situations where min temp forecasts go bust quickly. I think I read IND dropped the mins 10 degrees across the board.

Yep, these are the situations where min temp forecasts go bust quickly. I think I read IND dropped the mins 10 degrees across the board.

THE MAIN FOCUS OF THE NEAR TERM PERIOD IS OVERNIGHT LOWS. TEMPS ARE PLUMMETING UPSTREAM WHERE CLEARING HAS ALREADY OCCURRED...AND THEY HAVE DROPPED SUBSTANTIALLY ACROSS CENTRAL INDIANA IN PLACES THAT WERE STILL UNDER CLOUD COVER. SO...CUT OVERNIGHT LOWS AS MUCH AS 10 DEGREES ACROSS THE NORTHWESTERN PORTIONS OF FORECAST AREA WITH THE FRESH SNOW PACK...WHICH WILL PUT THOSE COUNTIES BELOW ZERO. FURTHER SOUTH...DROPPED TEMPS A FEW DEGREES...BUT WAS MORE CONSERVATIVE DUE TO ANY LINGERING CLOUD COVER AND MINIMAL SNOW COVER.

RUC has been way too warm with temps down there.  With fresh snow cover and the high pressure settling very close to you guys by daybreak temps are gonna tank.

IND has the winds staying up a bit but it's gonna be close. If we do go calm for any prolonged period then we may be talking at least 5 below.

Archived